Is This a WW2 Remington Contract Receiver on My Finn 91

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Signalboss

Is This a WW2 Remington Contract Receiver on My Finn 91

Post by Signalboss »

Hello Everyone,
Can anyone provide their expertise and tell me if this is a Remington Contract Receiver on my Finnish 91. This was my first Milsurp I purchased a long time ago.
Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signalboss

Re: Is This a WW2 Remington Contract Receiver on My Finn 91

Post by Signalboss »

Sorry, it should have been WW1 Remington Contract, not WW2.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Nice rifle you have there. If that is a circled R on the bottom of the tang, then yes it was from one of the Remington contract rifles. The receiver will date from 1915-1917.

My Finnish M91/24 "Lotta Rifle" was built on a Remington receiver.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28434&p=392603&hili ... le#p392603
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Signalboss

Post by Signalboss »

Thanks Mike!
I do believe it is a circle "R" on the tang, unfortunately my phone camera doesn't take that great of a close up picture. I saw the pictures of your Finnish M91/24. Very nice rifle, we do get lucky and find gems out there every once in a while.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Definitely a Remington receiver. Circle R on the tang and the distinctive variation on the eagle on the top flat that was specific to Remington.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Signalboss

Post by Signalboss »

Thank you, Racerguy00!
I do appreciate your input and knowledge.