NRA

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
tomaustin

NRA

Post by tomaustin »

the NRA announced they are leaving New York state, declaring bankruptcy and moving their charter to Texas...no further info today.....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: NRA

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Just another business fleeing New York State, what else is new.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:12 pm Just another business fleeing New York State, what else is new.
Yeap.....Then there is all the New Yorkers moving to Florida.......Keep it up and we'll split Florida into two States, Florida (Panhandle area) and South New York (Any area South of the big bend).
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ffuries wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:17 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:12 pm Just another business fleeing New York State, what else is new.
Yeap.....Then there is all the New Yorkers moving to Florida.......Keep it up and we'll split Florida into two States, Florida (Panhandle area) and South New York (Any area South of the big bend).
The people are nothing new, NY, and NJ snowbirds have been retiring to Florida for over 50 years, longer probably.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I have two of my friends, one moving to Texas, the other to Idaho.

I suspect I'll be leaving California in the next year or two also.

I'm tired of fighting with these idiots here. They are proven failures and people keep voting them in. Go figure.

Darryl
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:52 pm
The people are nothing new, NY, and NJ snowbirds have been retiring to Florida for over 50 years, longer probably.
True and yall keep sending more every year......I think you're trying to get NY to yourself Jim.....
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ffuries wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:27 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:52 pm
True and yall keep sending more every year......I think you're trying to get NY to yourself Jim.....
No, we are just trying to empty the city.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

There has been a huge % of the country move away from big cities this year, to anywhere rural. I'd like to know the actual numbers . Now the Covid is the worst here in the mountains it has been. The vaccine is showing up in some counties.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

As I look at it the NRA hasn't done one thing to support our 2nd Amendment rights. I'm not the only person who gave up on them. They are bankrupt because their membership has significantly fled, especially after the bump stock fiasco. Thus, they are in a cash bind. In addition to lavish salaries and allowing gun grabbers on the board they have thrown what cash is left to politicians who have proved no help to the cause. I really don't know what has transpired in New York, other than the AG going after them big time. Maybe they gain or regain themselves if allowed to incorporate in Texas. Time will tell. But, I think the NRA is the least of our worries now...
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

qz2026 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:35 am As I look at it the NRA hasn't done one thing to support our 2nd Amendment rights. I'm not the only person who gave up on them. They are bankrupt because their membership has significantly fled, especially after the bump stock fiasco. Thus, they are in a cash bind. In addition to lavish salaries and allowing gun grabbers on the board they have thrown what cash is left to politicians who have proved no help to the cause. I really don't know what has transpired in New York, other than the AG going after them big time. Maybe they gain or regain themselves if allowed to incorporate in Texas. Time will tell. But, I think the NRA is the least of our worries now...
The NRA is not Bankrupt. They filed Chapter 11 last year (?) which is mistakenly called Bankruptcy. It is reorganization. And they are just about done with that. They are not in a "cash bind". They are at present liquid and strong again. They want out of NY because they don't want any more of their funds going to that State. I agree, they have had problems deciding on what to back legally and have made some stupid choices.

My opinion is, they got too big. Lost track of what the members wanted. Took advantage of their positions at the NRA.
Good news is, "most" of those jerks are now gone. And maybe they can get back in the game where it counts.
They spent too much money on politics and not enough on litigation.

This is why I moved over to our local State group CPRA (California Rifle and Pistol Association). They are like a pit bull here in the courts. Money better spent in my opinion. Almost all the funds go towards litigation, and very little to the people running it. :thumbsup:
Most of the litigation is being funded and filed by them here in this State.

Darryl
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:51 am There has been a huge % of the country move away from big cities this year, to anywhere rural. I'd like to know the actual numbers . Now the Covid is the worst here in the mountains it has been. The vaccine is showing up in some counties.
I know that a lot of Federal retirees have been buying small farms and building nice home around here. When people find out that they can buy acreage for what a city lot cost it is just too tempting. They build a barn, buy a tractor and get a horse or two on their Green Acres. I will never have a horse, it is a vehicle that you have to fill up every day whether you go somewhere or not.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:09 pm
steelbuttplate wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:51 am There has been a huge % of the country move away from big cities this year, to anywhere rural. I'd like to know the actual numbers . Now the Covid is the worst here in the mountains it has been. The vaccine is showing up in some counties.
I know that a lot of Federal retirees have been buying small farms and building nice home around here. When people find out that they can buy acreage for what a city lot cost it is just too tempting. They build a barn, buy a tractor and get a horse or two on their Green Acres. I will never have a horse, it is a vehicle that you have to fill up every day whether you go somewhere or not.
OK, this one comment made my day, thanks Steve, I needed a good laugh!

"I will never have a horse, it is a vehicle that you have to fill up every day whether you go somewhere or not."
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

One of my coworkers used to do carpet in the LA area and had a horse that one client gave him. He'd ride the horse down to the beach and surf. He did carpet jobs for a lot of the Hollywood stars and actually got to meet a few of them.

IMHO, the NRA strayed way off target years ago. They got hijacked by the right wing of the gun rights movement, much to the detriment of the mainstream gun owners. I stopped giving money to the NRA a while ago and have only donated to GOA recently.