Ruger 57

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Lavitias

Ruger 57

Post by Lavitias »

Was at the local gun shop today and they happened to have one on sale for $600 at that price it had to follow me home.

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ruger 57

Post by bunkysdad »

That is by far the best price I have heard of. Congrats on that. Do you have any of the elusive ammo for it?
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

I have 2 boxes that I managed to score at same gun shop. Policy was only one box for people that buy them but they had 4 boxes left and 2 guns left so was like why not split it 50/50 lol.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe the reason the pistol had such a great price was the ammunition availability issues. Good luck with it.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

Ironnewt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:12 am I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe the reason the pistol had such a great price was the ammunition availability issues. Good luck with it.
That's actually close to what they were going to around here before the shutdowns and stuff. They spiked to about 1k for a little bit in May/June and have slowly been coming back down. Also they still have plenty of ammo it's just for range use only now. Their wisely keeping what they have on hand in store for people that want to shoot.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

So you can only get more ammo if you are going to shoot it there (I take it there is a range at the LGS) ?

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

Ironnewt wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:51 am So you can only get more ammo if you are going to shoot it there (I take it there is a range at the LGS) ?
Na local shop they have at last count about 2,000 rounds their splitting it up as fairly as they can. I.E if you buy a firearm chambered in 5.7 they'll sell you some for home otherwise range use only. Their also not stocking any new 5.7 firearms until they can get more in either. Last time I was there they had one Ruger and one FN left chambered in 5.7 their also not moving that fast. Not that they moved that fast before. Also yes they have a range not to bad to use it though $10 gets you on the pistol range all day or $20 for rifle range all day.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Lavitias wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:12 am
Ironnewt wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:51 am So you can only get more ammo if you are going to shoot it there (I take it there is a range at the LGS) ?
Na local shop they have at last count about 2,000 rounds their splitting it up as fairly as they can. I.E if you buy a firearm chambered in 5.7 they'll sell you some for home otherwise range use only. Their also not stocking any new 5.7 firearms until they can get more in either. Last time I was there they had one Ruger and one FN left chambered in 5.7 their also not moving that fast. Not that they moved that fast before. Also yes they have a range not to bad to use it though $10 gets you on the pistol range all day or $20 for rifle range all day.
That’s a heck of a deal for range time. The closest place with a range charges $10.00 per half hour and the range is only 25 yards.

Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

Ironnewt wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:22 pm
Lavitias wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:12 am
That’s a heck of a deal for range time. The closest place with a range charges $10.00 per half hour and the range is only 25 yards.
Indeed there is the caveat if their busy they'll pull you off after a hour but they give you a pager and will page you when you can go back on if you want. Just show your receipt you already paid. I usually go out to shoot skeet while waiting to get back on the rifle range then.