They did it again... Geeze

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
qz2026

They did it again... Geeze

Post by qz2026 »

This was waiting in my email when I returned home this afternoon... :x
Dear UPS Customer,

We strive to provide you with an unmatched global portfolio and exceptional service to help you succeed. We recognize how important planning ahead is for you and your customers. Below is an overview of our 2018 rates*. You can find the other details you need on ups.com/rates.

The following changes will take effect on December 24, 2017.
• The rates for UPS® Ground, UPS Air and International services, as well as UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, will increase an average net 4.9%.
• The dimensional weight divisor for packages less than or equal to one cubic foot in size (1,728 cubic inches) will be 139 for all U.S. domestic services subject to Daily Rates or Alaska and Hawaii Rates.
• Criteria and pricing for Additional Handling and Large Package surcharges will change.

For additional information, and to review the rates and other charges, visit ups.com/rates. Updated information on 2018 peak surcharges is available on ups.com/peaksurcharges. The updated UPS Rate and Service Guide will be available to download on our website on or before December 24, 2017.

Also, if you are not already enrolled, visit ups.com/subscribe to sign up for emails on rate and service updates and regulatory changes. You can sign up for newsletters, shipping tips or other information from UPS as well.

Thank you for entrusting us with your business. We look forward to continuing to find innovative ways to support your future success.
"soapbox2: :soapbox: :furious: :facepalm2:
RazorBurn

Re: They did it again... Geeze

Post by RazorBurn »

I quit shipping by UPS a long time ago. Fed Ex or USPS are the two options at my shop. I can't begin to count the number of boxes of parts I've received damaged from the UPS gorillas. Hey, those Teamsters gotta get their extra vacation days and pay raises.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have a friend who works for the company so I hear all the horror storys. I ship USPS, free box's, free daily pickup, no problems.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I have a friend who works for the company so I hear all the horror storys. I ship USPS, free box's, free daily pickup, no problems.
All that and if something of value goes missing, the folks who will look into it are from a law enforcement agency, not company security. The United States Postal Inspection Service has a (well deserved) reputation of getting their man.
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I'm with JYD on this one. I've shipped literally thousands of packages around the world since 2010 and have yet to have ANY of them not make it to where they were sent. Some might take a bit of a roundabout way, like the shipment I sent from Missouri to Florida that spent a couple of days sitting in a Postal Distribution center in Washington STATE...but they've all made it. Free shipping boxes and pickups and free tracking, can't beat it. Meanwhile I sit and watch stuff that I buy get shipped by UPS "Surepost" and FedEx "Innovations", both fancy words for "We'll charge you more and all we do is take your stuff to the Post Office and add three days to the shipping time." "soapbox2:
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

+2 USPS is how I ship, easy, fast, and convenient. To ship UPS or FedEx requires traveling to a hub between 40 to 45 miles to ship, USPS, 7 miles. Also like USPS because of there policy to hold the package at the post office if nobody is home. I can option to pick up there or redeliever.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

USPS is the only one that offers true insurance.

FedEx and UPS you are declaring value.

Granted I have always been able to collect on damaged packages from all of them.

UPS has damaged the most packages. Sometimes it took months and a lot of phone calls to collect from them.

FedEx Ground Drivers are private contractors and I think they are a little more careful with packages. I assume this is because they can be backcharged.

East of the Mississippi I usually use USPS.

West Coast I never use USPS unless it can fit in a flat rate box.

Packages over 48" in length going to the West Coast are double the price for USPS compared to FedEx and UPS.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk