Post up all your Mausers.

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post up all your Mausers.

Post by millman »

Pacanis has been on the old archive forum drooling over the Mauser pics. Unfortunately a bunch of those pics are MIA. Lets start a new pic thread here. I will start with the few that I have.
Here we have : 1901 Swedish M96
Czechoslovakian 98/22
Lion crested VZ24
Norinco TU-KKW .22 trainer copy
Gew98 FrankenMauser
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
pacanis

Re: Post up all your Mausers.

Post by pacanis »

:toast: :clap:

And cool. We can post more than ten pics at a time now :thumbsup:

Great pics. I'm in lust.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Hmm When did we get the K98 Sniper :?: or was that the Chinese .22 :?: In any case it looks nice. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

All I can do just now is look and see what I have on photobucket, I am not up to digging into the cdr's just now,
Maybe later, I seem to be having a problem getting on photobucket at the moment.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Some of the Turks...

$50 attic find Spanish in 7x57

1891 Argentine

1895 Chilean

Not exactly a Mauser but....
Gewehr 88 Model 1888 Commission Rifle Wearing WWI era sling with war expedient bayonet & frog

Gewehr 98 Imperial Mauser

1893 Turkish Mauser

The Blood gun... 1893 Turkish Mauser

1938 RC K98
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

That 1893 is a heckuva attic find, Rongo :thumbsup:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

this is most of them i have a turk and maybe a yugo reworked k98 in the back of the safe some where burried,first picture is me on the left getting ready to hand pick each one i have, :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Nice Mausers gentlemen! I think they are one of the nicer and well built military surplus rifles out there. You all have some pretty amazing examples!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Wow oh wow those are nice. :vcool: :big shock: :Drool1: :vcool: :big shock: :Drool1: :vcool: :big shock: :Drool1: :pop:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Junkyard, what'd you do, sneak that picture of the cat in there to see if we're paying attention? :lol:

They are, aren't they, Des? :thumbsup:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

The cat is his tabby mauser (mouser) :lol: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Missed that pic of the cat, must have hit the wrong pic on photobucket.

That's all I have pics for at this time. The cat is little Buddy, he is all grown up now
Theodore Roosevelt
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

SWEET! Very impressive. I can't even begin to comment...so I will simply browse once again :)

Thanks for posting these up guys, it is truly inspiring!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Jumperwire wrote:Hmm When did we get the K98 Sniper :?: or was that the Chinese .22 :?: In any case it looks nice. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks. That is the .22
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Here is my Mauser's

Top: 1908 Brazilian, Persian 98/29, 1895 Chilean Mauser, Swede M96, Czech VZ 24, Yugo M48A, Yugo 24/47, '50 Spanish FR 8
Next: 1891 Argentine, 1908 Brazilian again, M1917(it's deemed a modified Mauser action), another Yugo M48A, '47 Spanish FR 8
Last: '51 Spanish FR 8 (a photo I was sent by the seller I bought it from)

Yea, I like the FR 8, great little carbine. :toast:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

8-) 8-) 8-)

C. S. Lewis
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I too like the FR-8s. I would love to find one for a reasonable price some day. Those are nice GM :vcool: :vcool:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have a bayonet for the FR8 someplace, never got the rifle however , nice one :)
Theodore Roosevelt