Scope information

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
gerry03

Scope information

Post by gerry03 »

Posted this in wrong forum - presume someone here can help!
Found an old Russian scope amongst my "collection", believe I collected it about 1975 when in Berlin, Germany. From what I have read on here, it is a PU scope from a Tok (the tube is thicker near the eye). Has a star with sythe under it, the sythe sitting on a slither of a circle. Underneath it says 1940 with No 03280 under that. Could anyone tell me where it was made in Russia and if it should have any other markings? Will it still fit on a MN rifle?
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Scope information

Post by Longcolt44 »

Pictures, we need pictures to see what you have.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
gerry03

Post by gerry03 »

New to this - can I email a photo as I do not know how to attach one in this forum.
gerry03

Post by gerry03 »

Have tried to post the photo on line - let me know if it works or if you need more photos. Not very good at this, just shot on the dog blanket, but it looks OK.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the board, to load pictures directly to the board you need to downsize them to at least 640x480 before loading them. The link picture is OK, we can see it. I will leave the ID to the sniper collectors.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
gerry03

Post by gerry03 »

The above link is a better picture of the marking on the scope. Presume 1940 is the date it was accepted into service, but would anyone know how to identify where it was made?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
gerry03

Post by gerry03 »

Thanks for information - I could not enlarge the image, but it looks like Leningrad and made for a MN, which makes sense. I bought a lot of stuff off the gentleman who sold it to me, but he spoke less English than I did German. Said it was a pick up off a Tok rifle, but the mount was missing. Gave me some mounts, but they did not fit as they were for a mauser.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Scope was originally on a SVT40 sniper rifle. When they went to M91/30 snipers, they removed these scopes and re calibrated them to the M91/30 and reused them. Yours was made in the Progress plant in 1940 (like I said, for the SVT40 sniper rifle ..... originally).

Dolk