New Tula PU

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Tambo79

New Tula PU

Post by Tambo79 »

Hello all,
I took a chance on an online auction and got this Tula PU with RGuns import marks. The rifle seems to be a re-arsenal mix-master with a variety of Izhevsk and Tula components and force matched bolt/floor plate/butt plate. I'm still learning the ways of the Mosin Sniper, but I thought it was unusual that the scope is a 1943 PU but has the "CB" marking on the turret (thought that was for SVT converted to PU). I haven't had a chance to disassemble her yet but she seems to be in great condition and has a very smooth and light trigger pull. The stock is very pretty but unfortunately the hand guard has a small area that was gouged up (maybe in shipping?). Its going to be a while but I can't wait to get out to the range...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looking for PU scope Б 52986 (Progress)
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: New Tula PU

Post by Darryl »

Not very common laminated stock. Of coarse, the stock was replaced during the refurbishment process on some PU snipers. But they are not very common!

Dolk
Belgium nagant

Post by Belgium nagant »

Nice looking rifle!
Tambo79

Post by Tambo79 »

Dolk, Belgium,
Thanks! This is my first exposure to a laminate stock and a Tula. I know it doesn't have the correct look of a wartime PU but damn it is pretty... now I guess I need a non-laminate Tula? This Mosin "interest" is getting expensive! :D

I've done some searching on the tombstone "C13" and reverse "R" on the stocks but couldn't find anything definitive on them. I suppose those are just more of the unknown markings?
Looking for PU scope Б 52986 (Progress)
KT_Cobra

Post by KT_Cobra »

Beautiful. Again, love the color.