Saiga Semi-Auto 12ga.

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Drago

Saiga Semi-Auto 12ga.

Post by Drago »

I'm really only posting this because I thought it was a fun item I picked up at my gun show this past weekend and it is Russian AND Semi-Auto. Since it's a modern Russian, I think I'll be able to get away with the Bubba'ing of this one, on this forum! (I know, it's so fugly, it's kindof cool)

I'll try it out, but if I don't like this configuration, I have all the original parts to put it back to stock. I did trade my NIB Romak 3/PSL with 8x42 POSP scope for it, though.

I added the "FAB" foregrip w/light and the Sig Sauer red dot, which was just lying around my gun room. If anyone is interested what the bullpup kit is, it's a Center Balance Systems one. I think in this configuration it runs about $400-450. So this whole shotgun and conversion kit probably cost the original owner $1100-1300. I was only into my PSL and scope about $650, so I really couldn't pass this up...right?
Last edited by Drago on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ponycarman

Re: Saiga Semi-Auto 12ga.

Post by ponycarman »

Ive never seen one in that configuration. Kinda neat but ugly haha. Still cool though! I have a saiga 12 myself. I have yet to modify it though. I want to do a pistol grip conversion and play around with it a little. I think they are one of the coolest shotguns ever made.
Last edited by ponycarman on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

I like it! But, if I ever had a chance to hold it, I'd probably end up shooting myself. Not quite sure where the front and where the back is :) lol

Pretty cool rifle! Let us know how it does in this configuration.
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Drago

Post by Drago »

All I can say is that it is one heavy, solid beast. Everything is metal (aluminum, I think) Past that, I agree, the front is on the left, or....is that the rear??? Yikes! :)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet 8-) 8-) 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

I've never seen one in a bullpup design before. Interesting.

I've got a Saiga .410 that I converted (legally). Fun gun. I use it for closeby varmints.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Reminds me of a Mossberg shotgun they had out in the 90's, interesting
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Drago

Post by Drago »

I've never really been a big fan of Bullpup's. Some look okay, other's look ridiculous. I've been telling my 11 year old son for several months now, that I am thinking of selling our Romak 3/PSL and he always says, "NO, NO, dad, please don't. I love that rifle". I'm only half serious when I say that, but he happened to be with me at my table at the gun show when this came by. The guy selling it was looking for a PSL, so when I turned to my son and said, "What do you think? Wanna trade the PSL for this?", he was quick to say "Do it, dad". I think he knows I'll get another PSL someday and we got the better of the deal, BIG TIME. It'll be fun to shoot and when it stops being fun, it can become someone else's toy! :)
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Never seen a bullpup Saiga 12 before, that's pretty cool!
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130