Turk GEW

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
ksbanker

Re: Turk GEW

Post by ksbanker »

SA1911a1 wrote:I am not sure if it is ever safe to shoot, but, the best bet is to get some Privi from Graf and Sons. It is the cheapest stuff I can find. I looked at a box at Bass Pro and they wanted $42.00 for it. I ain't paying two bucks a round to plink with a 120 year old rifle.
Bass Pro has the most outrageous prices in all the world. I was in Kansas City (meeting a guy to buy a gun of course) and stopped at Bass Pro. Walked out without buying a thing. There is a Cabela's and an Academy Sports in Wichita that have MUCH better prices. I was at Cabela's today and they have 8mm Mauser made by Privi, $18 for 20 rounds.

That is a beautiful rifle!
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Turk GEW

Post by bunkysdad »

The last gun show I attended I found a guy with a bag of 100 once fired 8mm cases for 10.00. It was the happiest find I've had in awhile.