stock finishes.

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
kermit
ban
ban

stock finishes.

Post by kermit »

i read on a forum where a guy emailed Tula to ask what were mosin nagant M91-30's stock finishes during the war? i can't find it again. does anyone know the answer? Tula said that red shellac was used during referishment and 1. ___ and 2. _____ was used prior to refurb process....
Camping is cheaper than therapy. San Diego,ca. usa
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: stock finishes.

Post by millman »

Pretty sure it was shellac every time.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Hmmm I wonder whose got the Number and address of the "Tula Factory" :biggrin:
OK guys Ready, Set, GOOGLE :chuckles: :chuckles:
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Tula Arms Plantmore info‎
This is an unverified listing
Советская ул., 1
Tula, Russia
8 (4872) 56-82-59
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Tula Arms Plant
Sovetskaya ulitsa, 1, Tula, Russia
+7 487 256-82-59 ‎
Celt

Post by Celt »

I just called....that's the number for Tula pizza palace!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

millman wrote:Pretty sure it was shellac every time.
so what did Tula say was under the shellac?
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

kermit wrote:
millman wrote:Pretty sure it was shellac every time.
so what did Tula say was under the shellac?
Dirt.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I just called, and while my Russian is a little rusty I think they called me an asshole and told me to go **** myself. Maybe I shouldn't have called at 2am over there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I just called, and while my Russian is a little rusty I think they called me an asshole and told me to go **** myself. Maybe I shouldn't have called at 2am over there :lol: :lol: :lol:
thats because the Tula museaum was not open yet. the old guy will go to vault and check for you. have you tried a bribe? :D
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

my M44 came 1/2 hour ago. 1944 Izhevsk that has red shellac and is spotchy dark spots. as soon as i can figure how to resize pictures i will start a new thread on this 1943/1944 partial escutcheons on front and on butt stock. the bluing is perfect and no dings,dents or any other problemws like my MN M91-30's. has short cleaning rod with box with line on angle. no box with angled line on butt stock. has PW arms redmond wa. ny 7605 is serial number on barrel,bolt,magazine plate. the butt plate has line out and restamp to 7605.... very nice bore and worth the $169.00