Balkan Shotgun

Everything shotgun discussed here.
Jolly Green Chopper

Balkan Shotgun

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

The Mosin variation .410 shotgun info. I received said the receiver had been scrubbed and remarked with a circle containing TFI 6 TI serial number. Does anyone know about this and what happens when a receiver is "scrubbed"? This is the 1st reference to scrubbing I have seen.Thanks JGC
desdem12

Re: Balkan Shotgun

Post by desdem12 »

Rifles are "scrubbed" quite often. What it means is to take the existing marks off of the shank or reciever. It won't hurt anything and just gives a clean place to put the new markings. Kind of like erasing pencil from a piece of paper. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Thanks desdem 12 for the answer that rifles are scrubbed often. I wonder if this scrubbing includes changing serial numbers ? If so could there be different rifles with the same numbers ?Perhaps thru error or other reasons? Seems that would involve removing a lot of metal to get a deeply stamped number off.Thanks JGC
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I am not aware of any that have the serial number changed but i am sure it happens. The chamber area of most guns are the thickest part of the rifles. I don't think you could damage it unless you tried to turn it into a hex from a round. You see that some numbers on mosins may have been restamped, but not sure about serials. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)