Help identifying please

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
carterinktattoos0

Help identifying please

Post by carterinktattoos0 »

Inherited from my father but can't figure out where and what it maybe worth. Or if it's possibly a sniper??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help identifying please

Post by millman »

Could you post some full length pictures?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
carterinktattoos0

Sure. Sorry. I had to have someone text me some. Hopefully these are big enough
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

After market mount and scope. (not even a reproduction).
carterinktattoos0

I forgot the leupold was on them but the mount is from the rifle I thought. This ones repro and I believe the scope must be since it's so perfect. Can't find one that seems correct. My thing is the rifle is setup for the scope and is a 9130, could it be a sniper of Def not?
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

No. It is a standard infantry rifle that someone has drilled and tapped to fit that after market mount. The rifle is a year that was never used as a sniper.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

1942 is when the first PU sniper was made.

Darryl