Mail-person Sucks

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Mail-person Sucks

Post by ffuries »

Our current mail-person sucks.

Most mail that is scheduled for delivery, either doesn't show up on time or goes to the wrong address. When it comes to packages if they don't fit in the mailbox they make it as far as the driveway, where they are leaned against the garage door, even if it's pouring down rain. Had a leather sling show up a few weeks ago, that was left against the garage door, the package and packing material was soaking wet. Thank God the shipper sealed the sling in a ziplock bag. Had a bayonet package that was left against the garage door all day in the rain. Surprised the damn thing wasn't rusted by the time we got home. I just dumped it in a container of oil over night, after removing the wood scales/handles.

Saturday's mail is the worse, any mail or package scheduled to arrive won't show up until Monday.

Use to be that our mail showed up around 1200, now we are lucky if it shows up by 1800. If it isn't in the mailbox by then, he won't deliver it that day.

The guy we originally had (Walt) and the girl after him (Tiffany) and the temp (Tattooed lady) were awesome. The new ones are worthless as shit. I had a package shown as delivered that wasn't here, Tiffany tracked it down and hand delivered it after hours, it along with our mail was back at the post office. This was after she had transferred off our route.

Tiffany had joined the community Facebook groups she had routes in, introduced herself, and basically did community relations. She remained a member after leaving our route. So when I asked for people in the neighborhood to check for my package, she saw my post and hunted it down.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mail-person Sucks

Post by millman »

Don't get me started on the post office. :x :x :x
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Our guy is good, there haven't been any issues with the post office at all other than ever rising rates. Amazon is sometimes a problem with delivering packages to the shop after hours and leaving them in plain sight outside. I catch it on the cameras and have to go and collect the packages before some porch pirate sees them. No surprise that you are seeing a degradation of service, that is typical of the post Covid world. Budget cuts, manpower shortages, a general lack of interest in doing the job by many who were forced back to work when the subsidies ended. I see the same shit here in my business and others, just not our particular post office yet.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Well the package that was supposed to be delivered Saturday showed up today, but the normal mail from Saturday is still MIA. This includes documents related to my home owners insurance, and about my upgrade from NRA Life Membership to Benifactor status, plus medical paperwork from my doctor's office, and an assortment of unknown/junk mail.

I think it's time to write a formal complaint against my local post office, and the lack of service we are receiving.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My friend over at UPS tells me a strike is looking very likely, that should make things interesting in the package delivery business.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. I have had the same guy for ... well, ...... years now.
Great guy too.

They need to weed those bad apples out but you know, it is the Federal Govt and they can't fire people like that. That's the reason some things are in the crapper.

Darryl
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

I currently have mail that tracking says is, “out for delivery”. The only problem with that is it’s close to two hours away from me. Lol.