New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
DJEinConcord

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by DJEinConcord »

Greetings from MN owner and occasional competitive shooter.
BarbarianArms

Post by BarbarianArms »

Forgot to put my first post in here!

I'm in Aus. Have 3 mosins... and am getting more and more addicted to them.

Some people say I have a problem...

I say I dont. LOL
:mrgreen:
Mule

Mule new here.

Post by Mule »

Hi Mule here , Retired and loving the Mosin Nagant and the SKS glad to be here
Mule

Post by Mule »

Hi to you, I am Mule 76 retired and owner of a M44 and 2 sks and love russian rifles.
srtjeeplover95

Post by srtjeeplover95 »

Hello all,
I'm new here and I'm getting into mosins and they are still some of the most common... Yet least understood milsurps as there is so many.
Hadrian65

Post by Hadrian65 »

Hi,

Looking to purchase my first Mosin in the Spring when things calm down.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, particularly any "never dos" and "always dos" you can think of.

Right now I am thinking about an M 38 and/or and M 44

Thanks

John
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

What makes you think things will calm down ? I'm just waiting for :hitsfan:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Lowkeyed

Post by Lowkeyed »

Greetings from Texas.
Not new to guns, just to bolt action Soviet ones. I picked up a M44 and just curious if ALL Mosins kick like this one does? I don’t know if it is just the cut of the stock or what, but I have shot SMLE’s, 1903A3; 1917 Enfield, Type 99 Arisakas, Remington Rolling block in 50/70 gov and 375HH magnum and others but have never contemplated selling a gun after first trip to range with it.
If anybody has any recommendations on a “light load” for it, I do reload and will definitely give the girl another chance. I am hoping the M91’s won’t kick as bad since there is a little more wood and steel in the gun but wanted to hear some experienced feedback first.

Thanks for y’all’s input.

Lowkeyed
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Lowkeyed wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:46 pm Greetings from Texas.
Not new to guns, just to bolt action Soviet ones. I picked up a M44 and just curious if ALL Mosins kick like this one does? I don’t know if it is just the cut of the stock or what, but I have shot SMLE’s, 1903A3; 1917 Enfield, Type 99 Arisakas, Remington Rolling block in 50/70 gov and 375HH magnum and others but have never contemplated selling a gun after first trip to range with it.
If anybody has any recommendations on a “light load” for it, I do reload and will definitely give the girl another chance. I am hoping the M91’s won’t kick as bad since there is a little more wood and steel in the gun but wanted to hear some experienced feedback first.

Thanks for y’all’s input.

Lowkeyed
After the first few thousand rounds shot out of the M44 your shoulder will limber up and you won't notice this " kick " thing at all. The Mauser G33-40, and Persian M30 are close to the 7.62x54r, but are both lighter, and shorter in barrel. I shot thousands of rounds out of the M30, and even more from the Mosin M38, M44, and M91/59, you get used to it. Welcome to the board. Details on that Remington ROller, it sounds like maybe a NYS guard rifle with that 50/70. I have the carbine version of that.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
srqsteve

Post by srqsteve »

New to the forum from West Coast of FL. Avid Mosin collector and restorer. Looking forward to getting involved in discussions on how to do certain things.
srqsteve

Post by srqsteve »

Posted first message
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

srqsteve wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:48 pm New to the forum from West Coast of FL. Avid Mosin collector and restorer. Looking forward to getting involved in discussions on how to do certain things.
Welcome, but tell us what a "restorer" is.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Jeronimo62

Post by Jeronimo62 »

Hello everyone,
I'm Jerry and I stumbled onto the site "by accident" during a search on PU scopes..... So I decided to join since I'm heavily into WW2 "stuff".
Amongst other things I do own a '44 (Izhevsk) Mosin-Nagant PU sniper which I love to shoot! Also have things like a '66 Yugo SKS (my "plinker"), a '43 P-38, '44 M1 Garand, a '37 and a '44 Kar98k. I love WW2 10th Mountain Division stuff and 100th Infantry Division "Sons of Bitche" items (since I used to go to that area a lot while I was stationed in Germany, I "adopted" them).... Anyway, happy to be here!
"He who laughs last, didn't get the joke" :chuckles:
ludok1300r

nouveau membre en indre et loire

Post by ludok1300r »

BOnjour a tous ,
je suis un nouveau membre de france , j'habite en indre et loire.
je m'appelle Ludovic.
je suis a la recherche d'un mosin nagant pour pouvoir decouvrir le tir a l'arme longue.
Merci pour votre acceuil

Ludo
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Hello Ludo. I think you are our first French member.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
springpoland

Post by springpoland »

Hey everyone, I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided to go ahead and create an account! Most interested in m38's, Finn'd mosins, and Ex-snipers :)
Kev1Doggy

Post by Kev1Doggy »

Just got interested in Finn M39, havnt got one yet but am looking. Is a vkt a Tikka barrel?
JMC576

Post by JMC576 »

Hi. Im new to the forum because I'm new to the world of Mosin Nagants. I recently p[purchased two Mosins off of a friend of mine. On e is an 1916 dated 1891 model, with the barrel showing Sestroryetsk. The second is a Izhevsk 1944 dated M38. I hope to post pictures of them in the near future.

I do have a question. My 1891 Mosin does not have any sling swivels (either on the barrel bands or front of the magazine or through any stock cuts), nor does it have any cutouts in the stock for a standard sling. Is this common? How would such a rifle be transported for battle/use? Does it mean anything with respect to which model it may be?
Thank you. Im looking to learn!!!

Jason
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

We are going to need pictures of that 1916 to help you out. Just post them to the main Mosin forum.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
xander0791

Post by xander0791 »

Hey gentlemen
I'm new obviously but I was wondering about a mosin I just picked up it's not import marked
There's no SA stamp ...I was just wondering how it made it in the us ? I just recently sold a dragoon 1920 marked this is 1924 ? Any help would be great!!