Romanian trainer

Rim Fire Firearms
steelbuttplate

Romanian trainer

Post by steelbuttplate »

Anybody on here got one? They look pretty nice, not too pricey, just wondered about opinions and how do they shoot?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Romanian trainer

Post by Longcolt44 »

I bought one about 10 years ago. They are a fun accurate shooter.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Yep I bought one in like 1999 from Big5 in Northern California when they were like $69. They're great little shooters. I recommend getting a few spare mags. I almost lost the one that came with mine and if you lose it you can't go to aand pick one up and the rifle is then a single shot. Here's a post about the one I got and some other reading material. http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... 08&p=77546 and http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... 8&p=369260
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

I currently have 3. Love these little rifles. Also have 4 the polish trainers. All accurate and fun to shoot. You won't be sorry if you add one to your collection.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I have one that I bought on a whim. I have shot it a few times but don't have much feeling about it one way or the other. The foreign .22 rifle that I do have a strong attachment to is a Chinese JW-15; it is as good as it gets.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I finally got one of these this week, and got dejavue at the range. A friends Dad had a Walther KKJ 40 yrs ago that I won many Turkeys and Hams with. It would hit a blue "nickel" target @ 60 yrs. bout every shot. This Romy feels like a clone and I want 5 more.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I finally got one of these this week, and got dejavue at the range. A friends Dad had a Walther KKJ 40 yrs ago that I won many Turkeys and Hams with. It would hit a blue "nickel" target @ 60 ft.about every shot. This Romy looks and feels like a clone and I want 5 more.
Thagomizer

Post by Thagomizer »

I had one and the magazine was finicky. No spares were around at the time so I sold it.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

steelbuttplate wrote:I finally got one of these this week, and got dejavue at the range. A friends Dad had a Walther KKJ 40 yrs ago that I won many Turkeys and Hams with. It would hit a blue "nickel" target @ 60 ft.about every shot. This Romy looks and feels like a clone and I want 5 more.
If you like the Romy, go find a BRNO #1. They feel like mini Mausers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

I just got a Romanian trainer not long ago. Purchased a vinyl sling for it on Ebay. It's a blast to shoot and fairly accurate too. The flip up sights worked at 25 and 50 yards. It was a pain to keep reloading the mag after a few shots, so I ended up just dumping a round in the action for each shot. I only brought a box of 50 rounds to the range and went through them fairly fast.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mosin Fanboy
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

willyj73 wrote:I just got a Romanian trainer not long ago. Purchased a vinyl sling for it on Ebay. It's a blast to shoot and fairly accurate too. The flip up sights worked at 25 and 50 yards. It was a pain to keep reloading the mag after a few shots, so I ended up just dumping a round in the action for each shot. I only brought a box of 50 rounds to the range and went through them fairly fast.
You need some extra magazine to switch out. I have one of these and have like 9 or 10 magazines. After almost losing the original magazine which would turn the rifle into a single shot I bought some spares. Liberty Tree Collectors has them. https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... dcategory=
gopedxr7

Post by gopedxr7 »

https://stores.csspecs.com/romanian-m1969-22lr/

new reproduction mags are available. they are great 22 rifles.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

My Romanian Trainer was the third, "collectible rifle", I got that started me on this road to learning to like Top Raman and almost running head long in to financial ruin and loving every minute of it.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Ordered another mag for mine today.....made in USA :USA Flag: My Taiwan mag is good, but sometimes leaves the 5th round laying there.