Vepr12

Everything shotgun discussed here.
Rowdy1

Vepr12

Post by Rowdy1 »

I own two of these guns and haven't seen any mention of them on the Forum. Does anyone else have one and how do you like It? Both of mine have the folding stock. One out of the box ran anything I put through it. The other one needed some tweaking to get it to cycle cheap Walmart stuff. They are becoming popular on the three gun circuit. If you are not familiar the gun is made by Molot and it is essentially an AK chambered in 12gauge. The magazines feed like an AR and they have a bolt hold open feature after the last round is fired. They have a self regulating gas system unlike the Saiga which you need to tune.
steelbuttplate

Re: Vepr12

Post by steelbuttplate »

Classic arms had these, might still. They look like real zombie mowers. street sweepers. lead ball sprayers. valentine day massacre gun. I'd like to take one and shoot slugs at wild hogs in Texas from a helicopter. :vcool:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

I absolutely LOVE mine! I have the fixed stock version. It eats any buckshot or slugs I throw in it without any issues. As for birdshot & other loads it seems to cycle fine with anything that is 3 DRAM or more & 1,200fps or more. It's a read head turner at the range & is pretty good at making one gallon water jugs disappear at the range.
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Titanium Hammer wrote:I absolutely LOVE mine! I have the fixed stock version. It eats any buckshot or slugs I throw in it without any issues. As for birdshot & other loads it seems to cycle fine with anything that is 3 DRAM or more & 1,200fps or more. It's a read head turner at the range & is pretty good at making one gallon water jugs disappear at the range.
:pointup: Hammer and I had a lot of fun with Vera, his Vepr last fall at our range. She eliminated (with extreme prejudice) numerous rogue pumpkins, soda bottles, energy drinks, milk jugs and 5 gallon water jugs and just about anything else we could find and hang up to shoot! The recoil is much less than I would have expected but then again it has a good amount of weight on it to soak it up. (No T-Hammer, I'm not calling Vera fat :D). Hammer has his setup with a muzzle brake off of an old Soviet tank and that gives it an impressive look and really helps eat the recoil. All around a fantastic shotgun. :thumbsup:
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I wonder if anybody makes a longer full choke for those, For any of them duck eaters to put a flack screen in the sky :shifty: I've tried to eat duck 2-3 times, needs lots of ketchup and horseradish I reckon.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
entropy

Post by entropy »

Not for ducks in the US: It would violate Federal law- 3 shots max,
What kind of duck did you try to eat, and how were they prepared? Fish ducks like Bluebills are best in stews, Mallard is good plucked and served like Thanksgiving turkey.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Your right, I forgot about migratory game birds, that's why the plugs are made for pumps/auto. A green headed Mallard is good to roast? I think Chinese restaurant kind, Peking? is all I've tried, and a white we cooked on a fire basted in beer when I was a kid, camping. It tasted sorta like a meaty dish rag.
BenedictGomez

Post by BenedictGomez »

These have only become legal in New Jersey somewhat recently when Molot FINALLY (because I've been calling for this for years) offered one with a thumbhole stock that circumvents our liberal laws. Needless to say, I instantly purchased one when it became available.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

You get the 25 round drum and you could shoot doves all day without a reload. (If you are man enough to carry the heavy thing). No game warden will say a word to a man with a .12 ga. shotgun loaded with 25 rounds.......

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=VE ... &FORM=VIRE

I would like to have one, but not as much as I like $700.00.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Rowdy1

Post by Rowdy1 »

Put an AK Slide Fire on mine. Took it to the range. It's an indoor 75 ft range. Used a 25 round drum and shot the crap out of the ceiling, floor and walls. A real hoot but was told to never bring it back!
BorisBadenov

Post by BorisBadenov »

LOVE my V12! It's a beast and so very fun. I need to get one of the drums for it.