Vepr 7.62x39

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
EddieD25

Vepr 7.62x39

Post by EddieD25 »

Got myself one of these a few weeks ago. Heard great things about the Vepr's. Took it out to the range a few times and definitely loving it.

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Vepr 7.62x39

Post by bunkysdad »

That should be more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Congrats Eddie

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

We need a follow up range report on this soon
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Interesting looking rifle, definitely not your everyday run-of-the-mill AK variant.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Rowdy1

Post by Rowdy1 »

I own several in several calibers and a 12 gauge and they are great guns. Not your run of the mill AK. Chrome lined light machine gun barrel with a heavy duty receiver. When I bought mine they came as five rounders. If yours is one of those CSS sells a bullet guide and with a little sanding on the locking latch you can easily turn them to accept any standard 30 round AK mag. Vepr.org is a great web-site for any information you might need for any issue or technical advice. The only down side to them there are not many places to find replacement parts. Standard AK parts won't work.
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

IV8888 has a great video on YouTube running a Vepr 7.62x39 until failure. They seem to be very high quality! One of my next buys, planned buy that is, is a Vepr in .308.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
EddieD25

Post by EddieD25 »

Hey guys. Here is an update. Got down to the range today and got to zero the scope and attempted the red dot. The red dot I did not have much luck and seems to be quite the piece of garbage. Anyway here is a grouping (circle #3) at 50 yds after zeroing the scope. Circles 5+6 were red dot. Didn't have much luck with that. The sling screw in my handguard some how managed to fall out while shooting and the handguard slid out of the slot in the rear so it began to wobble. I didn't want to fire it anymore until I get a replacement screw so I never got to take the other target out to 100yds. Going to try and do some lockwire work or something to make sure this doesn't happen again. Here are some pics.

Once I had it zerod i had some fun and put a good 30 rounds into circle 3 :mrgreen: