Carbines, Carbines, Carbines...

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
qz2026

Carbines, Carbines, Carbines...

Post by qz2026 »

Was bored yesterday - not really - but thought a group of carbines might usher in spring a little faster. Got to love these little guys. Little, but pack a punch :)

Swede 94/14
Spanish 1895
Argentine 1891
Persian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steelbuttplate

Re: Carbines, Carbines, Carbines...

Post by steelbuttplate »

Those look like they were born to kill. How many rounds mag. is the Argentine '91? :thumbsup:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
sheepdog

Post by sheepdog »

Here's my Swedish 1901 CG m94/14 wearing an m/14 bayonet. I know there are fireball lovers on a Mosin forum, this Mauser wouldn't disappoint you. :biggrin:

Goteborg Coastal Artillery unit disk

Real gun control is the ability to hit the target.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

steelbuttplate wrote:Those look like they were born to kill. How many rounds mag. is the Argentine '91? :thumbsup:
They all have 5 round magazines...
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

sheepdog wrote:Here's my Swedish 1901 CG m94/14 wearing an m/14 bayonet. I know there are fireball lovers on a Mosin forum, this Mauser wouldn't disappoint you. :biggrin:
Sweet. A real beauty! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Amazing the bayonets on these things... How can a soldier compete with a bayonet on a carbine? Just add a sword! :shock: I couldn't pass up the oak stock on this one when I first saw it. Very uncommon...
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

:thumbsup: Very cool! A lot to like about the shorties. I'm not sure I've seen that Spanish one before. Very nice crest on it! :vcool:

No screen time for the Engineers carbine? :biggrin:
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Love the unit disk, Sheepdog! :vcool:
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

:thumbsup: Nice lineup!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

TulaTom wrote::thumbsup: Very cool! A lot to like about the shorties. I'm not sure I've seen that Spanish one before. Very nice crest on it! :vcool:

No screen time for the Engineers carbine? :biggrin:
Oh... guess I forgot this guy...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Looks good! :thumbsup:
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Nice ones! :thumbsup:
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Nice.. :Drool1: :thumbsup: I have a few, but these are my favorite..

Spanish FR-8
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I should have included mine but I think I'm going to sell it. These are powerful little shoulder cannons...
sheepdog

Post by sheepdog »

qz2026 wrote:
sheepdog wrote:
Sweet. A real beauty! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Amazing the bayonets on these things... How can a soldier compete with a bayonet on a carbine? Just add a sword! :shock: I couldn't pass up the oak stock on this one when I first saw it. Very uncommon...
It's not oak it's elm, and yes you don't see many of those on carbines. The Swedes tried several different species of wood when European walnut dried up during WWI. American black walnut, elm, maple, mahogany, and red beech but never oak.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Good Gawd...that Swede 94 made my junk tingle.. :lol:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

sheepdog wrote:
qz2026 wrote:
sheepdog wrote:
It's not oak it's elm, and yes you don't see many of those on carbines. The Swedes tried several different species of wood when European walnut dried up during WWI. American black walnut, elm, maple, mahogany, and red beech but never oak.
I beg to differ with you unless Kehaya and Poyer don't know what they are talking about in The Swedish Mauser Rifles, 3rd Edition, during the years of 1916-1918 Beech, Ash, Maple, Walnut and Elm or Oak were used, although Elm and Oak are rare. I've seen a number of Elm stocks and this does not appear to be Elm but, rather, oak.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLiqlcZOXg&t=25s[/bbvideo]
A carbine that has eluded me to date... Nice stuff Jim... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
sheepdog

Post by sheepdog »

qz2026 wrote:
sheepdog wrote:
qz2026 wrote:
sheepdog wrote:
I beg to differ with you unless Kehaya and Poyer don't know what they are talking about in The Swedish Mauser Rifles, 3rd Edition, during the years of 1916-1918 Beech, Ash, Maple, Walnut and Elm or Oak were used, although Elm and Oak are rare. I've seen a number of Elm stocks and this does not appear to be Elm but, rather, oak.
Trust me your stock is elm. Kehaya and Poyer's book is so full of errors it's not worth the paper it's written on. That's why people can't sell their book for $15 on Ebay. My source is the bible of collecting Swedish Mausers, Crown Jewels by Dana Jones. It states ash and oak were thought to have been used but have never been positively identified. Another site you can peruse is Dutchman's House of Karlina which never mentions oak as a stock wood.

You can also go to Gunboards, the Swedish military section and mention the Kehaya and Poyer book. It's often mentioned but never more than once and never cited.

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/