Minty No Series Tokyo Artillery Arsenal Type 38

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
lthilsdorf

Minty No Series Tokyo Artillery Arsenal Type 38

Post by lthilsdorf »

Picked this up at the Rochester Gun show yesterday. I've been on the lookout for a nice Type 38 and this one spoke to me. It's all matching minus the firing pin and an non-numbered bolt release. The mum was ground quite intensely, but that doesn't bother me at all. I was pretty excited for the matching dust cover as I haven't run into one myself that still had it. Only one cartouche on the stock, and I can't tell what it is.

According to the Type 38 book the rifle is correct minus the incorrect firing pin and the bolt release lacking a serial number. Has this rifle gone through a rebuild? Seller included a bayonet so I bought everything for $360 out the door. I felt that was fair for a nice rifle like this. Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

A Comprehensive Guide to the Spanish Civil War Mosin Nagant

Feel free to message me to contribute to my site!
desdem12

Re: Minty No Series Tokyo Artillery Arsenal Type 38

Post by desdem12 »

Nice.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Agreed! It is nice.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Looks good! :thumbsup: Type 38's have been tougher to come by the last couple of years.