M96 Swede

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
willyj73

M96 Swede

Post by willyj73 »

Another rifle I picked up over the summer and got some pictures of. It's non matching, but it shoots good and looks nice. I don't shoot much, and my eyesight isn't the greatest, but I was shooting good with this at 100 yards. The rifle shoots high and to the left, but it's consistent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mosin Fanboy
Jbob

Re: M96 Swede

Post by Jbob »

That's a beauty and looks to be in great shape for the age. My M96 is the best surplus shooter I own so most all the others just sit anymore.
Thanks for the pictures...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Excellent rifle, I can't see worth a shit either, not anymore anyway. Pretty much every rifle I own can shoot better than me, and the Swedish rifles are known as good shooters. Again with that DDR mag pouch, I remember buying them for a dollar each back around 1992. Rain camo pattern, I have a lot of gear still around with that pattern on it. I still have my Swedish Mauser also but all I have left to shoot in it is gallery practice ammo.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

I basically shoot at the 50 yard range now with iron sights. If I shoot at 100 yards I don't know if the lack of accuracy is my eyes, the handloads, or the gun. Nice Swede!
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

I just know the area the object is in, and aim there (at a range with a hillside in the back ).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mosin Fanboy
sheepdog

Post by sheepdog »

Nice rebuild, the lettered crown says new barrel and obviously new stock done at Bodens arsenal. Should be a heck of a shooter.
Real gun control is the ability to hit the target.