Questions on my Czech K98k

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
King Johhny

Questions on my Czech K98k

Post by King Johhny »

Hey guys,
I got this Czech K98k a while back and would like some more info on it.'Barrel and receiver match, though the bolt does not. The stock is not matching but is marked S.Y.G. though I can't really tell for sure the last letter. The barrel is maybe a German one I believe, since the bottom is really dimpled in an irregular pattern. On the receiver is a DOT13 in a crest and two small lions on the right side along with an F near the crest and the BRNO factory marking on the left back side of the reciever. I was thinking maybe an Israeli issue one? Any info would be appreciated, and if you guys need more pics or anything just let me know! Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M91/30 1940 Izhevsk
Oct 1944 Springfield Armory M1 Garand
Czech post war K98k
Izawa Jyuko Series 9 Type 99
SMLE No.1 Mk.III 1918 "peddled scheme"
King Johhny

Re: Questions on my Czech K98k

Post by King Johhny »

:bump:
M91/30 1940 Izhevsk
Czech post war K98k
mwt

Post by mwt »

Need a few more detailed photos? Does it have the post war Czech winter trigger guard? Looks like no crest on the receiver so I'm guessing it is s post war Czech rifle assembled for sale abroad. Left over Nazi parts were often utilized.

Samco was selling these 5 years ago - does it have an import mark?

Regards
Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Barrel was made in Czech factory but has german style markings so probly a leftover. Stock marked Czech or Yugo style aslo
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
King Johhny

Post by King Johhny »

mwt wrote:Need a few more detailed photos? Does it have the post war Czech winter trigger guard? Looks like no crest on the receiver so I'm guessing it is s post war Czech rifle assembled for sale abroad. Left over Nazi parts were often utilized.

Samco was selling these 5 years ago - does it have an import mark?

Regards
Marty

Here are some more pics! The bolt body is left over German, I'm positive as there is an obvious scrub mark where the waffenampt should be, also the barrel has no German markings where I thought they would be(beneath the rear sight on the right side). Also, I cannot find an import mark, what can that mean? Thanks! Edit: It does have the winter trigger guard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M91/30 1940 Izhevsk
Czech post war K98k
mwt

Post by mwt »

The post war winter trigger guard pretty well cinches that it is post war build by Czechs for export - to whom? Israel? Syria? Who knows? Left over German parts used.

Regards
Marty