CMP Mail order SG's available

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Chas100

CMP Mail order SG's available

Post by Chas100 »

The CMP has opened up mail order (8/23) for service grade Garands. Even though I said ENOUGH on my last order I sent an order in USPS tracking 8/24 and it was received 8/26. It was billed and case added 9/2 so they are moving quickly on the orders. The south store has also had them available in store but unfortunately the north store (2.5 hrs away) has not had them.

If you have wanted a CMP Garand now is the time. I know they were fairly inexpensive a few years ago but you could also get a nice Mosin for less than $100.

$730 free shipping and a free plastic storage case but since I live in Ohio I have to pay sales tax.
capt14k

Re: CMP Mail order SG's available

Post by capt14k »

Would you look at that, the CMP isn't out of Garands after all. I tried to tell people they would have them again, but some people told me I didn't know what I was talking about.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

I thought I heard they could only sell a certain number of Garands in a year. Maybe they haven't met their quota.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You never have enough Garands until you suddenly have to pay $750 for something you once paid $200 for. That tends to dampen the enthusiasm, or at least it does if you have a collection of them already.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

I read, and I think it was on CMP's site, that they were backlogged with orders, hence the lack of rifles for a while. Once they got caught up, they started accepting new orders.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mosin Fanboy
capt14k

Re: RE: Re: CMP Mail order SG's available

Post by capt14k »

willyj73 wrote:I read, and I think it was on CMP's site, that they were backlogged with orders, hence the lack of rifles for a while. Once they got caught up, they started accepting new orders.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That is correct. Which is contrary to they are all gone like some like to state

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

That's good to see. I think it's about time I ordered one or two more.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Cj556

Post by Cj556 »

Must resist the temptation to order another...
"Vertroue in God en die Mauser"
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Sold out again. :(
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

!@#$%^&*
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

BenedictGomez

Post by BenedictGomez »

Ordered 3 and did pretty well.

1) May 1943 with May 1943 barrel, correct lockbar sights and trigger guard, USGI wood (but postwar).
2) December 1944 with December 1944 barrel. USGI WWII wood (correct cartouche for 44'), correct trigger guard.
3) 5 digit 1940 SA (i.e. early post gas trap #) & USGI wood. Rest is mixmaster (SA, Win, Tractor, HRA), but I was happy just to get a 5 digit.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

BenedictGomez wrote:Ordered 3 and did pretty well.

1) May 1943 with May 1943 barrel, correct lockbar sights and trigger guard, USGI wood (but postwar).
2) December 1944 with December 1944 barrel. USGI WWII wood (correct cartouche for 44'), correct trigger guard.
3) 5 digit 1940 SA (i.e. early post gas trap #) & USGI wood. Rest is mixmaster (SA, Win, Tractor, HRA), but I was happy just to get a 5 digit.
That is a real nice haul there! :thumbsup:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Best deal on '06, 184 rnd. spam can on enblocs (6 bandoliers) for $115 free ship . It's the good Greek shit .
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
tailgunner67

Post by tailgunner67 »

This is my March of 1945 M1 special grade I purchased before they ran out again. Mine went back to Springfield in 1965 and was reworked. Barrel match's the receiver as do most of the parts except for the op rod. I am more of a Mosin guy so I have a lot to learn about these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BenedictGomez

Post by BenedictGomez »

I ordered another 3 SG before the shutoff and my order should be filled in the next few weeks. AFAIK, everything that's been sent out recently has been CMP wood mixmasters, so I'm not expecting to get anywhere near the quality of the 3 I pulled back in September, but hopefully I get some good parts (lock bars, uncut oprod, etc...) or something unique.
miner49r

Post by miner49r »

I wish they'd open up purchases to Canadians. I want one but the the used ones are expensive up here. There is a new National Match for $2250 CAD but it's new and that just turns me off.
Has anyone ever use a gun broker to get a purchase into Canada?
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

miner49r wrote:I wish they'd open up purchases to Canadians. I want one but the the used ones are expensive up here. There is a new National Match for $2250 CAD but it's new and that just turns me off.
Has anyone ever use a gun broker to get a purchase into Canada?
That will never happen. CMP is the civilian version of the DCM, which was for many years under the aegis of the Department of the Army. It was intended to provide basic marksmanship training to civilians who might be enlisted to serve in the armed forces in wartime. The CMP mission remains the same and the purpose of the sales is to support that mission only. Also, firearms exports are heavily regulated-no one with any sense is going to risk prison time for a sale.
miner49r

Post by miner49r »

Hi.
There are a couple of choices for importing guns to Canada but I've never used them. IRUNGUNS and ASTORARMS are two I found on the web. I've never imported a gun ~ has anyone out there?
Sure wish the CMP was an option to us Canucks...

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

One of the qualifications of buying from the CMP is you must be an American citizen. Sorry Canada.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

BenedictGomez wrote:I ordered another 3 SG before the shutoff and my order should be filled in the next few weeks. AFAIK, everything that's been sent out recently has been CMP wood mixmasters, so I'm not expecting to get anywhere near the quality of the 3 I pulled back in September, but hopefully I get some good parts (lock bars, uncut oprod, etc...) or something unique.
Being that you are ordering from the CMP you know that you will at least get a functional M1 rifle, tested and passing mixed wood or not. It was a little more risky back in the day ordering from the importers, you got a Garand but no guarantee it would pass any test. Of course they were only charging you a buck and a quarter each back then so you ordered them despite the risk.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt