Numbers under barr

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Witchdoctor

Numbers under barr

Post by Witchdoctor »

Hello all...new to this forum, have two mosin 91/30's at present and a third coming in about two weeks, the 1940 Izhevsk I have has some random numbers under the barrel and cannot seem to find any info on line for what they might be...there is more proof marks and numbers under the barrel/receiver than in the outside... any ideas ?
NLMosin

Re: Numbers under barr

Post by NLMosin »

You'll find lots of numbers under the barrels of most mosins. They are from the arsenal and got put there when they were manufactured or refurbished. We love pics here so post some and maybe someone will see something interesting and let you know. Welcome.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Witchdoctor

Post by Witchdoctor »

I would like to post some pics...however I'm not very computer savvy...lol and am working from my phone, where do I go to do so, have some in my phone but not sure where to go here to transfer....
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

The forum was updated recently and you can drag a pic and drop it where you type your post then scroll down and click 'place inline'. Its probably easier to email the pics to yourself and open your email on a desktop/laptop and drag and drop from there...
People live together.
Witchdoctor

Post by Witchdoctor »

Thanks for the tip...lemme give it a try.
Witchdoctor

Post by Witchdoctor »

Here are some pics hopefully... Lol
IMG_20160219_183251_310.jpg
IMG_20160210_184359_853.jpg
IMG_20160210_184210_160.jpg
IMG_20160219_183607_691.jpg
IMG_20160219_183548_420-1.jpg
IMG_20160219_183619_385.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Witchdoctor

Post by Witchdoctor »

40' Izhevsk
IMG_20160220_212209_792.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

All looks good Witchdoctor, :thumbsup: As mentioned above most of the number's and stamps are assembly and inspector stamps as it passed thru the original build and later the refurb process. Some are known and most unknown.
Happy shooting and welcome to the forum.

Red
Witchdoctor

Post by Witchdoctor »

Thanks so much...those are the two I have now, picking up a third in about two weeks. Since I bought my first one I caught mosinitus right away, I intend to get a carbine next...want an M44. I have only started getting some firearms in the past 8 months, been around them all my life but none if my own. I have ten firearms and it'll be eleven when I pick up my next mosin, the C&R is my favorite and have a real passion for them...so much I'm considering getting my own C&R FFL. My wife unfortunately is disabled and has been for the past 9 years and haven't had much to do outside if work and her but I did finally fund a hobby I am really passionate about and can do at home...I love the military surplus stuff...like I said getting carbine next and I think a mosin revolver. Actually have a bug list of milsurp items if all different types and intend to start my collection. Have looked on this forum for info many times and decided to join, so far its been great, all who have responded have been friendly and helpful so thanks again and glad to be here.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Any milsurp is a good milsurp.
Witchdoctor

Post by Witchdoctor »

Awesome...love it, wanna get there myself with that nice of a collection !
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Witchdoctor wrote:Awesome...love it, wanna get there myself with that nice of a collection !
WARNING ⚠ can be addicting and hazardous to your health. (If you have a spouse counting all the guns you are buying)
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Here's a little tip from your Uncle Nick. When the guns are shipped have them held at the USPS, Fedex, or UPS shipping store or location. Pick them up and ditch the boxes on the way home. I thought I was pretty savvy sneaking them home and stashing the boxes in the garage. One day the misses counted 25 boxes in the garage! :crazy.gif:

If you do get your C&R and you are not home to sign this is probably a good plan. I am never home to sign and I also like to inspect the boxes before I take them from shipping location. If I havent touched the gun until they bring it out from the back and its got shipping damage its hard to say IM the problem! :chuckles:
People live together.