May 9th in Russia

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Chiroptile

May 9th in Russia

Post by Chiroptile »

Today is one of the most important holidays and one of the biggest celebrations in Russia. May 9th is the date that Germany officially capitulated to the Soviet Union in '45.. Our version of VE day.. It also happens to fall on a beautiful Friday.. (Out here it is, anyway)

I have a feeling lots of expatriated Mosins are itching to talk a little, belch a little fire while reminiscing.. Those of us that can, maybe we can oblige them.. Maybe some Garands could join in as well for old times' sake..

gbeecher65

Re: May 9th in Russia

Post by gbeecher65 »

Planning to take my Mosin to the range tomorrow, I'll keep a thought for the Allied soldiers and wonder, 'if my Mosin could talk'.. :?: :)
sgtheindl

Post by sgtheindl »

I knew I was born on May 9th for a reason. :tongue:
I'm broke because I buy milsurps. I'm rich because I buy what I enjoy.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Happy birthday Sarge :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
outdooraddict

Post by outdooraddict »

Glad I got out to shoot today! ;)