first gunbroker transaction!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Celt

first gunbroker transaction!

Post by Celt »

I just got an email that the buyer is shipping the 41 Izhevsk 9130 that i won on Gunbroker ! He even gave me an A+ rating even though we had a bit of a rocky start. I'm pretty happy with this one. I had a 35 Tula and a43 Izhevsk that went away awhile ago. So the collection now consists of a matching numbers t53 and a beautiful round in an ex sniper stock. Can't wait to get this one, clean it up and post some pictures. Oh ya, and SHOOT IT!!!

;mywink;

HERE'S A SNEAK PEEK

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Three_Dogs

Re: first gunbroker transaction!

Post by Three_Dogs »

Looks good to me, Enjoy! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
A_King89

Post by A_King89 »

Nice one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

:1934 Tula 91/30:
:1944 Izhevsk M44:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

Looks Greasy! :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is a very nice looking rifle. Congrats!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Celt

Post by Celt »

ThankYou. I Bought It On Accident. No,Realy,It Was An Accident. Guess Ill Keep it.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

It does appear to be a bit greasy, have fun cleaning it up. ;mywink;
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Nice! I have not got to purchase a firearm off gunbroker yet. Only a bolt for my 870. Enjoy it!
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
cjsimoh

Post by cjsimoh »

Nice! I have a 41 Izhevsk 9130 from a LGS that I just finished cleaning up. Waiting for my headspace no go gauge to be delivered so I can check it.
Celt

Post by Celt »

:thumbsup:
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I called him and told him to go easy on the dumb ass FNG buyer who broke his balls about the '41 last week, he knew right away who I was talking about :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Celt

Post by Celt »

Thanks again boss! :D
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I have rifles I didn't think I would or shouldn't have but, how do you by a rifle by accident?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Celt

Post by Celt »

Well.........The opening Big Was The Same As The Buy It Now But There Was No BUy It Now Button. So MY Opening Bid Bought It. I Had Been Losing Bids All Week So Imagine My Surprise When I Realized That I Won Just By Bidding.
Oh Well, Im Glad I Won. Its A Beauty. When I Get Her All Cleaned Up Ill Post Some Good Pictures.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

You did fine. The first one is a good learning experience and then you also get a rating. This is a nice rifle and nothing wrong with the price. Now you know how the system works and you can go after the bigger fish next time. I bought a finn m91 the first time and I sweated it the whole auction and was the only bidder...(go figure). :D Just remember the $123.45 bid number is mine :devil2: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

It was a learning experience for sure and it ended well. I like the issued condition but i also like a shiny refurb also. To bad i didn't know that other one i showed you was coming,i like it a bit better but still happy with the 41
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

The rifles come and go. You cant count on one coming that soon and definitely don't worry about it. Try for a couple and if you don't get that one another will eventualy come around. I never worry about the one that comes after the one I am trying to win. Winning is tough enough now adays with the sharks around this forum :shock: :lol: :lol: If I can help you just ask. Here is hint one. Look, search and put the rifle on watch list. Search, look hard. Then look them over again in watch list and decide if you want to bid. Don't get in a hurry cause most of the action is at the end of the auction. BUT. The race is to a certain number also. You have to be the first to that number. (the trick is to guess what the number is). Don't put a heavy bid up front. :biggrin: :thumbsup:
Celt

Post by Celt »

I've got a watch list going as per your advice to see where the prices are going. I'm surprised at some not going higher. I've got a rifle picked out for the next but it's a private sale. It's a Mauser. The one i sent you pictures of. I think it's a good addition to the collection and the price us very good if i compare it to similar rifles on gb.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!