Type 53

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Type 53

Post by Rongo »

A more recent acquisition from a friend... It's a #'s matching Type 53 with a beautiful blue finish throughout, cleaning rod, Sling & a serviceable dark Tula stock. The bore is a bit shot out but still has some life in it. Small import stamp on the end of the barrel. Passed No-go just fine & has a nice smooth action & good trigger. Can't wait to see how it performs at the range. :D

Not as nice as some of the Mosins posted around here lately, but a nice example nonetheless.

A few pics...

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Re: Type 53

Post by desdem12 »

Nicer stock than most i've seen 8-) 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I agree, nice stock....is that stripes?....what?

8-) 8-) 8-)
Dolk
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

That's in great shape for a T-53, better than both of mine.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Longcolt44 wrote:That's in great shape for a T-53, better than both of mine.
Better than both of mine too. Is it matching?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

millman wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:That's in great shape for a T-53, better than both of mine.
Better than both of mine too. Is it matching?
Yes it is.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Sweet.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
kklinejr

Post by kklinejr »

A matching T-53 is always a great find and post at any time. Truly a scarce bird. Thanks for putting it on here.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

You know that is my rifle right? One that got stolen. It has my marks on the butt stock...see all the stripes? ;)

Dolk
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

dolk wrote:You know that is my rifle right? One that got stolen. It has my marks on the butt stock...see all the stripes? ;)

Dolk
Got this from a familiar forum member from some other place we won't mention. "This is not the droid your looking for"... :lol:

"Dang that entropy"
jrinfoley

Post by jrinfoley »

Looks much nicer than my old beater T53 I bought from Omega (For $35.00!) several years ago! But, although mine looks like heck, the rifle shoots great and is my go to Mosin. The bore was full of rust when I bought it and after a lot of work it cleaned up nicely and despite the slightly frosty bore its pretty accurate!

Last edited by jrinfoley on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Look at all of the nice T-53s. We can't let that trend continue, now can we? Back by popular demand,straight from the bottom of the Yellow River, THE ONE, THE ONLY(thank goodness)
THE ASIAN CARP SNIPER!!! :)
cs t53cs.JPG
hghg.JPG
river storage evidence.JPG
pits.JPG
P2030016a.JPG
rusty.JPG
With her slightly nicer and all matching sister.
dfghdff.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

C. S. Lewis
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Rongoman, Mine has more stripes that yours does. They are under all the dirt and you can't see them, but they are there!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

My T-53 is in nice condition, but came with a bolt and floor-plate that were un-serialized. Not scrubbed, just never stamped.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
revolverguy

Post by revolverguy »

cool looking rifles, I don't even know what a type 53 is, but still nice looking. Allen
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

revolverguy wrote:cool looking rifles, I don't even know what a type 53 is, but still nice looking. Allen
A Type-53 is a Chinese M44.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I Love it!!! My first experiences with T-53's were shooting entropy's & White Horseradish's & both were a little long in the tooth. My Favorite was White Horseradish's "Dead Wood Special". If you guys ever want to part with your pretty rifles I'm in the market. 8-) 8-)

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice 8-) 8-)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Never enter a stripe competition with Dolk! :lol: