POSP Scope for AK?

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Ban-One

POSP Scope for AK?

Post by Ban-One »

I've been looking into an optics setup for my WASR 10/63 and I stumbled across the POSP 4x which mounts to the siderail. This scope gets great reviews and I cannot find a bad write up. I like the idea that the rail is used and not the dust cover and I like the idea that the iron sights are still available while the scope is attached. Does anyone have one of these for their AK clone?
Buckhead

Re: POSP Scope for AK?

Post by Buckhead »

No but I agree with you about the one mounted on the dust cover. i have that and it is crap.
It does hold zero alright except when you remove the dust cover to clean the gun you have to re set zero :big shock:
I really should have none better. Plus I don't think an SK needs a scope it was made to take a lot of abuse and put
a lot of led down range. But I do like shooting an AK.
entropy

Post by entropy »

That's the scope the rail is made for, so it stands to reason it would be a good choice.

I too have a receiver mount. It shot itself loose in less than one magazine. :o I kept missing really bad, Rongo looked at me with this "WTF?" look; then I noticed the cover was loose.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

I really like the look of a military scope with the AK...its just looks right. I notice that if I go with a 6x then I can get an adjustable retical focus option. This is something that I need as I can see out to distance but I cant see a dang thing right in front of me. If I take the plunge I will post some pics when I get it in. It might be nice to actually see what I am shooting at for a change. :roll: