AIM T-53

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
kermit
ban
ban

AIM T-53

Post by kermit »

got 1 T-53 yesterday and another coming tomorrow. it had lots of cosmoline inside the stock. 1 patch removed cosmo from bore and 3 more revealed sharp,bright bore. 1955 T-53 matching butt plate,magizine and barrel. bolt was different number. stock was not too bad and had about 90$ or better bluing. kris smith owns the first one and now i wait to see next one. i have some aluminum cans to cash in so may get another T53.. smoothest cycling bolt of all 6 MN i have and trigger is not like my others. it feels as good as finn M39 setup (i own 4 finn M39 triggers and sear) i do not own any finn refurbed russian M91-30 rifles.
Camping is cheaper than therapy. San Diego,ca. usa
mogunner

Re: AIM T-53

Post by mogunner »

I picked up a T53 some time back that turned out to be junk, I took the sear (trigger spring bolt stop) and swapped it into my 91/30, it now has a 3 1/3 lb trigger pull. Side by side I couldn't see any differences so it may be metal content.
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

kermit wrote:got 1 T-53 yesterday and another coming tomorrow. it had lots of cosmoline inside the stock. 1 patch removed cosmo from bore and 3 more revealed sharp,bright bore. 1955 T-53 matching butt plate,magizine and barrel. bolt was different number. stock was not too bad and had about 90$ or better bluing. kris smith owns the first one and now i wait to see next one. i have some aluminum cans to cash in so may get another T53.. smoothest cycling bolt of all 6 MN i have and trigger is not like my others. it feels as good as finn M39 setup (i own 4 finn M39 triggers and sear) i do not own any finn refurbed russian M91-30 rifles.

Can we see some pictures, you know we all love to see rifles. Thanks :post_r:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:beek: :post_r: :useless2: :clap: :toast:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

Thinking of getting one of those.
PIX please :Drool1:
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

i been trying,but the photos small enough. if i go to my photobucket it shows all photos. buy 1 for $119...
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Before you load the photos of a particular gun select the new album feature, this will set a special album just for these pics and you can set it as private, or public, and link just that album to the forum. Or you can select individual pics and link them to the forum.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The link code for the forum is the IMG code, but you will have to resize the pics, I don't bother with all that happy crappy anymore, I just video the rifle, post it to photobucket or youtube and link it to the forum, or embed it in the case of youtube. Far less time consuming that pics, and video coverage of the rifle is 100%. Get a HD video camera, the Sony Bloggie works very well, and will not bust the bank.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

What?' And spend gun money on a camera? :beek: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I just saw a 16MP Fuji selling for under $200 and it even shoots HD video, a 10-12 MP camera is well under a hundred bucks now. Used they are even cheaper.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Over the years I have had maybe a dozen of these T-53's and all of them looked like they had been dragged 100 miles in the road behind a vehicle. Chu wood stocks may not look great but dam they are sure durable! All the rifles worked smoothly and loosely, sometimes to the point they felt like they would fall apart real soon. I saw some of these in SEA and they were coveted as take homes. They were traded about but I never managed to get a hold of one. Everyone I have ever bought made me much good trade bait and all had bores, except one, that cleaned up to being almost too good to believe. We are I guess getting down to the last of them maybe and the choices may have to be hand select to find anything good if they will make a decent effort to look for you. I have two left and one is all matching and nice and the other is EP'd as a presentation piece and has a fractured bolt making it unshootable and boobytrapped for all intents and purposes. I am glad I got mine years ago with $100 being the most I paid for one and the other being $75. When they first came back around a dealer buddy called and asked how many I wanted. I went to the site they were at and looked for 2 hours in the heat and drove home empty handed although I did buy some ammo. Nothing there other than junk by my measure and nothing I even wanted for trade bait, they all looked scary to my eye! Bill :o