New one on the way (I like the new house)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
SA1911a1

New one on the way (I like the new house)

Post by SA1911a1 »

Well I be doggone.

Hi folks.

It has been a long dry spell for me buying a Mosin Nagant. I have been broke....... The last one to come home with me was my 1910 M91 Finned Izhevsk, way back in July, I paid too much for it and it sucked the bottom out of my gun budget. ( I would do it again) I finally scraped together enough pennies to buy an ugly '45 M-44, ordered tonight, hope to post photos Monday or Tuesday.

Edit:
Ain't gonna happen before the end of next week, my rifle won't be shipped till Wed. *&&(T^^%^&*(%$

Steve
Last edited by SA1911a1 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: New one on the way (I like the new house)

Post by Darryl »

Well, OK. You are lucky you stated you will post photos on Monday or so because you know the response you would have got...... :roll:

Dolk
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Never saw an M44 I didn't like, even millman's carp special.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Looking forward to pics. :D
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Rongoman wrote:Looking forward to pics. :D
Speeking of pictures, dodn't someone, R?, just get 3 new rifles?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:
Speeking of pictures, dodn't someone, R?, just get 3 new rifles?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:oops: :oops:

Well.... Uh.... Yea.

Waiting on two still, got one & possibly another (or two) is in the works.

So far... a 1941/42 MO Izhevsk 91/30, waiting on an 1894 [SA] Tula M91 with sling & cleaning rod, 1915 [SA] New England Westinghouse M91 with sling & cleaning rod & another M38. Pics coming soon.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Rongoman wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:
:oops: :oops:

Well.... Uh.... Yea.

Waiting on two still, got one & possibly another (or two) is in the works.

So far... a 1941/42 MO Izhevsk 91/30, waiting on an 1894 [SA] Tula M91 with sling & cleaning rod, 1915 [SA] New England Westinghouse M91 with sling & cleaning rod & another M38. Pics coming soon.

Exactly where do you live? That M91 should be mine. I have a birthday coming up soon. It is Christmas early. I've been very sick and it would make me feel better.

My earliest is 1910, I want one that begins with 18.....

(congrats)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

SA1911a1 wrote:
Exactly where do you live? That M91 should be mine. I have a birthday coming up soon. It is Christmas early. I've been very sick and it would make me feel better.

My earliest is 1910, I want one that begins with 18.....

(congrats)
Actually, the 1894 is supposed to arrive next week on my birthday. 8-)

I'll post lots & lots of pics to help you feel better. ;)

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I think the dryspell is wide spread. Those are a real nice triple header :mrgreen: I'm waiting on a '53 02 M44, it's in the worst condition of any rifle i have. When i was checking it out i used the owners pen to scrape a pile of unidentified junk that was in the chamber area, that dropped the price for me. It is still on the stolen list till the 8th of sept. Also waiting on delivery of another m38 and a M24/47 which will have to wait until i return from the wilds of washington chasing deer and elk
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

" It is still on the stolen list till the 8th of sept "

What the ??? I didn't know the PD had a retail outlet, new honeyhole?
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

You know the police have everything and usually for free but alas i'm not of the blue. No in washington if you sell a firearm to a gunshop they have to post it on the list for 30 days to see if it turns up stolen. Of course it never does because the crooks know this law also and don't sell to gunshops. So it kind of works like a layaway as they put the guns out to see if there is intrest but you still have to wait till it clears the list. I have used this to my advantage as i can put down money on them to hold for me till cleared and i can split up the cost. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)