Nagant Service Pistol

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
AirConda

Nagant Service Pistol

Post by AirConda »

I an looking into getting a 1895 Tula Nagant service pistol and I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight. I heard ammo is hard to come buy and it isn't cheap. Does anyone have any suggestions or links that could help out with buying ammo?
junkmanted

Re: Nagant Service Pistol

Post by junkmanted »

cant help with the ammo ,,but for me the pistols are just collectable I only have 2 a 1917 and a wwII year (cant remember).
both in great shape .
There boring to shoot , for me it was kinda like a 38 wad cutter

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Ammo is becoming more available, but it is probably never gonna be cheap enough to shoot alot of, but in a gun like this a few boxes would last me awhile. They are quite collectable simply because of their cool factor, price, and condition.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice to have for display, but I enjoy shooting my BP revolvers more.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yea that's me too. I love to shoot my .45 and other autos, revolvers are great, but the black powder is special. While bps is still reasonable I'd like to add a Remington and Colt Navy to the collection.

Tapatalk
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I had one for a year or so and shot the Nagant ammo and .32 S&W long. To me it was a fun novelty gun but I soon grew bored with it and ammo was just too expensive and hard to find to justify shooting it. I swapped it for a 91/30.

The trigger on mine was nothing less than horrible; Must have taken 25 pounds to pull on DA, but only about 10 lbs on SA. I kind of regret getting rid of it, as it would be a nice addition to the MN theme. If you get one, I would suggest that you buy it for the history, not to shoot.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
cwb1944

Post by cwb1944 »

i would like to have one to go with my M91/30. but it would have to match perfectly just like the M44 im looking for. i found a tula long ago but wasnt interested in it at the time.. same little pawn shop i got my coach gun at. i think they wanted along the lines af 120 or 150 for it. if i can find a 1944 all matching made in the ishevsk factory id jump on it. just to have it, same with a TT-33. and an M38. :D if you cant tell i want a family of matching russians.. :P
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

If you own Mosins you gotta have one, nice for the collections and display, get one while they can still be had at the current prices. As far as shooters go, nothing like shooting an old Victory Model or Official Police.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Fun pistols... Blood draining trigger pull though. :shock:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
MoSEEN.Nut

Post by MoSEEN.Nut »

AirConda wrote:I an looking into getting a 1895 Tula Nagant service pistol and I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight. I heard ammo is hard to come buy and it isn't cheap. Does anyone have any suggestions or links that could help out with buying ammo?
I made a post in the Military and Modern Hand Guns section of this Forum about a 1895 Nagant and later in the post about getting ammo. If you are thinking of one now is the time. AIM has the Nagant for $109 ($119 hand pick) and also in the post down at the end I posted about milsurp (Russian) ammo and new manufacture ammo for the Nagant. New manufacture comes and goes and right now it's available. I have both new manufacture and some surplus for collecting on its way now. I don't think the 1895 is for shooting all the time. It's more of a collector item, at least to me, but that doesn't mean you don't try it out from time to time. Yes the trigger pull (double action) is, well, unbelievable. Cock the hammer and the trigger is not quite so bad. If you get into collecting Russian guns, I would think you have to have at least one Nagant.