got the mauser.

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
cwb1944

got the mauser.

Post by cwb1944 »

went back to the gunshop today and got it, it is in fact a yugo M24/47. complete numbers matching. mirror bore, great crown, very very strong rifling. very light rust in some spots, but nothing to be really worried about. okay enough boring words heres some pics :D

now the last pic is a little weird, atleast to me since a i dont know mausers well.
does anyone know what this means? is it arsenal? its in the lower stock just below where the rear sights would go.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: got the mauser.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ah, the yellow X, the mark of the curse.....never mind. :lol: No idea, these are fun little Mauser's, my own is a fairly good shooter, not fair to the rifle, it's my own shortcomings with the Mauser sights that are responsible for a lack of tight shot groups. Nice 24/47 8-) 8-) 8-)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
cwb1944

Post by cwb1944 »

got out and shot it last night, and wow! i love it! i was expected it to hurt since its such a big round, but it kicks less then my mosin's :P and pretty accurate too, the windage setting on the front sight is a bit off but that was it. i do not regret buying it whatsoever!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

A 24/47 kicks?? :lol: See, I told you they were nice rifles 8-) 8-) 8-)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

8-) 8-) 8-)
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Very nice. That was my first Mauser. The 24/47 is a good rifle. 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

When I see the 24/47's for sale online they are almost always in excellent condition, and the price just seems great. I don't know why I haven't tried to get one yet, they seem like the best bang for your buck out there. I have a Yugo K98 that I bought early this year, and I still have not shot it. That is about to change though. Great find on your Yugo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I got my 24/47 from fellow forum member entropy a while back. it is one of my favorite shooters.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:I got my 24/47 from fellow forum member entropy a while back. it is one of my favorite shooters.
That's right... He got that from me.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Hlavinka

Post by Hlavinka »

Great rifle, you're really going to enjoy it!
MuzzleMarc

Post by MuzzleMarc »

Great rifle. Looks really beautiful. This was a great find.

MuzzleMarc
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Dang it, now you all have me wanting a Mauser.

I never wanted a Mauser before............................

There are two of the things on my GB watch list.

You people are a bad influence on what was once a good man.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You need a K98k of some sort, and a GEW98 or course, as well as at least five Turk Mauser's to cover all the Turk types, some contract Mauser's, and a Mauser carbine. That's just to start of course, there are hundreds of Mauser's to collect before you can start to think you have most of them. :D
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:You need a K98k of some sort, and a GEW98 or course, as well as at least five Turk Mauser's to cover all the Turk types, some contract Mauser's, and a Mauser carbine. That's just to start of course, there are hundreds of Mauser's to collect before you can start to think you have most of them. :D
Of course you are right Dawg. I am on my way to GB to take them off my watch list. I ain't falling into that trap.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Don't do that. Big Dawg wouldn't steer you wrong. Get a Mauser. Get a Mauser. Get a Mauser. :) :wave:
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

You cant go wrong with a Mauser...they are little works of art in my opinion and they are addictive to collect. The 24/47's seem to be the best deal out there at the moment. Does anyone know if these bolts were originally blued or in the white? I think the K98k's were originally blued but I'm not sure about the Yugo's.
target

Post by target »

Ive seen an original Yugo M24 and it's bolt was in the white so im gonna assume that the Yugoslavians never did it to the m24/47 either.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Nice find. I have a VZ-24 I got from Big 5 about 12+ years ago for $99 with mix and match numbers and I love it. Great gun and it's my deer rifle.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Man I need a 24/47 and an M48? I think that's it. It's been so long since I read about them, I've almost forgot. Nice rifle by the way. :) :)
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Some of these Yugo Mausers were pulled out and used in the civil wars in Yugoslavia and by para military units before being rounded back up by the new governments, the yellow X could almost mean anything.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933