BRAMIT Silencer - Pics and Question

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Kiel_23

BRAMIT Silencer - Pics and Question

Post by Kiel_23 »

Hello,

yesterday I got my BRAMIT. Of course, it is a new made piece and not a 100% copy.

It has rubber baffles right now AND there is an insert coming for shooting full scale ammo in some days.

My question is about the original writing on the soviet ones from WW2. They had instruction on top.
Who has a good picture or has a link to the original text? I want to have it laser engraved on top to make it complete.

And the second question is for load data: Is there anyone who has loaded the subsonic loads from WW2?

I know these "exact" load data right now...
  • Open a cartridge and remove 2/3 of the powder and set the bullet.
  • Remove the powder of the original cartridge and fill it with the powder of ONE 7.62x25 Pistol cartridge. Set the original bullet

Kind regards and enjoy the pics:
ST-BRAMIT-01.png
ST-BRAMIT-02.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
armed_wing

Re: BRAMIT Silencer - Pics and Question

Post by armed_wing »

You forget 3rd way for ammo: be one of the less lucky soldiers wich get factory made subsonic 😉

2 Pics from my data, was from Internet
1 pic german from ww2 Manual about enemy stuff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I admit I don't know anything about this device, but I assume you are loading 7.62x54r trying to achieve subsonic loads for same. As far as your "exact" load data, I think it is a crapshoot and probably experimental at best. Can't believe anyone would try to suppress the 7.62x54r because it has to be a monumental task. Secondly, any handloader that deviates from established source data is risking the possibility of cartridge or firearm catastrophic failure, something not worth the risk for the desired result of sound suppression.
Kiel_23

Post by Kiel_23 »

Thanks for the replies.

@tjtM38
I'm a handloader as well and my life is important enough not to try these "exact" loading recipies. Especially in germany where you have to get a special license to buy the powder. So, no concerns in this way. But there may be someone who did it before.

In germany we have the possibility to send ammunition to a offical agency. They will measure the loads and will tell you if these are safe to use. This costs a little bit, but then you know that you have a safe load.
I will go this way, but where to start?

The reason to supress a7,62x54R is in the history. The snipers and partisans used it.
Here in germany there a lot of people who are not pleased to hear gunfire from a range. The use of a supressor helps to keep them calm.

@armed_wing
Thanks for the pics. The upper one is in german "Frakturschrift"
There are not that many peolpe that can read it fluently, because it is not used here since middle of the 50's I think. I can read it. So, if there is a question about these stuff feel free to ask ;-)
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Kiel_23 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:12 am
The reason to supress a7,62x54R is in the history. The snipers and partisans used it.
Here in germany there a lot of people who are not pleased to hear gunfire from a range. The use of a supressor helps to keep them calm.
I learned something from your post. As I said, I know little about the sniper versions of the M91/30, but it make sense that the Soviets needed a suppressed rifle in some combat cirumstances.

Having spent three years in West Germany on a USAF tour, I know that your people approach everything methodically with a focus on precision. It sounds like you may have the best sources there to solve your subsonic loading issue. For me as a casual collector, shooter and handloader, I have always stayed with strict adherence to published book data from Hornady, Speer or the various other US bullet manufacturers.
armed_wing

Post by armed_wing »

Kiel_23 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:12 am
@armed_wing
Thanks for the pics. The upper one is in german "Frakturschrift"
There are not that many peolpe that can read it fluently, because it is not used here since middle of the 50's I think. I can read it. So, if there is a question about these stuff feel free to ask ;-)
Not necessary, I m self an east German and can easy read such stuff 😜😜😜
Kiel_23

Post by Kiel_23 »

@tjtM38
Absolut true what you say. Don't change a running system and stay with the things that work.
But, when you own a rare cartridge... I have a MP43 as well. Today there are a lot of loads available for the 8x33 (CIP = 7.92x33 kurz). I was told by the guy who sold me the MP43, that it was a very exotic cartridge 20 years ago. So, load data had to be worked out. He gave me his notes from that time.

@armed_wing
Hahaha.... small world - you got an PM