Advice on Finnish sling hangers

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Angry_grey_cat

Advice on Finnish sling hangers

Post by Angry_grey_cat »

Hi there, my fin M24 has a Russian stock with the standard slots. What would be the correct hangers for a Finnish Sling please ?
Are M39 ones the same as M91 , 91.30 etc . Thanks !
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Advice on Finnish sling hangers

Post by millman »

Either the regular dog collars or the metal ones put in the slot.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Angry_grey_cat

Post by Angry_grey_cat »

Thanks , so for metal just simply hang those through the open slot ?
Are the M39 ones the same as M91, or are they different ?
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

M39 ones are totally different. The front one is part of the front barrel band, and the rear is connected under the rear of the stock.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

My preference would be Finnish made dog collars if the stock had the regular Russian style slot cut outs. I'd use metal if the rifle already came with the metal sling hangers/swivels or if the rifle had the Finnish made escutcheons (those will only fit the metal hangers).
Mosin Fanboy
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I've gotten all of those. I think they just used whatever.

C. S. Lewis
Angry_grey_cat

Post by Angry_grey_cat »

Okay thanks for the replies. I will give some thought