refurbed pu sniper that is all mismatched

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
sch168

Post by sch168 »

what about a refurbed pu sniper that is all mismatched , without the scrubbing and force matching ?
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Who is the importer?

Some of the first PU snipers were made up from "parts" by the importer.
I wouldn't own one because they are not in original configuration .... but ......
sch168

Post by sch168 »

can't find an importer's mark anywhere. 1t is a 1943 izhevsk. scope number on right of receiver, "c in circle" on top right of receiver and a wartime stock . non matching bolt, magazine floorplate,buttplate,and scope. he is asking 1400.00. he said he bought it from a gun show vender in ohio in the early 90's.
sch168

Post by sch168 »

the mismatched numbers appear to all have the right cyrillic prefixes from a list i had seen , and the stock has the metal insert in the bottom of the rear slot as sniper stocks did (according to "mosin museum" on youtube). i am still inclined to agree with you that is made up from "parts". maybe it came in as a barreled action......thanks for your input...
sch168

Post by sch168 »

i guess what is somewhat puzzling is that i'm unable to find an importer's stamp
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Start a new thread with pictures in the sniper section. It is more likely to be seen there than on this 9 year old thread.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
sch168

Post by sch168 »

new here , guess i haven't quite learned to navigate yet...but thanks
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

No import mark is needed if before a certain data. Law came later.
Usually on the end of the barrel by the muzzle.
Or, on the receiver.

Darryl