Which of these is the most interesting one for you?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
kupMosina

Which of these is the most interesting one for you?

Post by kupMosina »

Hello, I decided to buy my first mosin :D I choosed 91/30 because it's from WW2 and should be the base of the growing collection. I choosed "HEX" receiver only and have following options (pics in link):
- IZHEWSK 1930 https://polarms.pl/pl/p/6559-KARABIN-MO ... 2x54R/6078
- IZHEWSK 1933 https://polarms.pl/pl/p/6562-KARABIN-MO ... 2x54R/6081
- TULA 1932/50 https://polarms.pl/pl/p/2029-KARABIN-MO ... 2x54R-/854

this one is also interesting but much more expensive, i don't think it's worth it
- IZHEWSK 1932 https://polarms.pl/pl/p/-5554-KARABIN-M ... 2x54R/4988

Which one is the most interesting, most valuable for you? I can't compare barrel condition, I will check that when buying but seller admits that's it's used but still very good condition.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Which of these is the most interesting one for you?

Post by millman »

I would go for the Tula MO.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Me too.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I like that 1930. Am I to understand from the web page that this company sells you a weapon and then personally delivers it to your home no matter where you are in the country?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
kupMosina

Post by kupMosina »

millman wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:20 pm I would go for the Tula MO.
SA1911a1 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:03 amMe too.
Why? Personal preference or MO are more desirable?
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:11 pm I like that 1930. Am I to understand from the web page that this company sells you a weapon and then personally delivers it to your home no matter where you are in the country?
Yes, they deliver as close to home as possible (most likely bigger cities). Too far for me to see it in person.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Of the ones pictured, the Tula MO would be the hardest to find I think. Plus the MO refurbs seem to have been refurbed to a nicer level in my experience. Ive been collecting Mosins since 2008.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis