Requsting Help Identifying two rifles and one bolt

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Signalboss

Requsting Help Identifying two rifles and one bolt

Post by Signalboss »

Good afternoon everyone,

the first Rifle is a M91/30 Double Date 1922/53 and I'm not sure if the receiver is a Tula or not, barrel is more likely a Izhevsk (6 Pic's)

The second Rifle is a M91/30 Tula 1927. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a Pre 1928 Soviet 91 or a Dragoon. (3 pic's)

The third is a Bolt from one of my Finish M91's 1943. This rifle has a Remington Receiver a barrel marked Tikka on top and a boxed SA on the side.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
willyj73

Re: Requsting Help Identifying two rifles and one bolt

Post by willyj73 »

Tula did not make any M91 rifles after 1926 and Izhevsk did not make any M91 rifles after 1919 (as far as anybody knows). So, both of your rifles started out as dragoons. And, they were converted to 91/30 specs. Your Tula looks to have a Tula receiver. The wreath marking was used on Tula and Izhevsk receivers in the mid/late 1920s.
Mosin Fanboy
Signalboss

Post by Signalboss »

Thank you WillyJ.'
Unfortunately, I'm starting to sell off some of my collection since I'm getting older and want to make sure I describe them correctly. I plan on only keeping a M44 all matching, manufactured in 1943 as a Trials Rifle, a 1917 all matching 91/30 with a matching bayonet and a PU Sniper.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The 22 Izhevsk is MO marked. That used to be called a Ministry of Defence mark but is now known as a refurb marking.

Your 43 date m44 is definitely a keeper. Uncommon for sure as is a 17 dated 91/30, but most likely force matched. Check and see if all of the serial numbers' font matches those on the barrels. I've never seen an original matching 43 date m44.

Got any pics of the 1917 dated one?
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Signalboss

Post by Signalboss »

Good afternoon Raceguy00,
I'll post the 1917 first, then the M44. It may be possible that the numbers could be forced matched, but I'm not sure. Under the tang of the 1917 It's hard to read but it looks like 1917 with an Izhevsk bow & arrow. Under the tang of the M44 it is marked 1943.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signalboss

Post by Signalboss »

Pictures of the M44 Mfg. in 1943