My almost K-98 ;)

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
SA1911a1

My almost K-98 ;)

Post by SA1911a1 »

Bringing this one out for your viewing pleasure. This is a Polish WZ-29, made with no markings other than a lined-out serial number and a mismatching bolt. The theory is that these were made before the war, by the Poles, and bought by the Russians to send to Spain. It does not appear that the rifle was marked in the normal way and scrubbed, I don't believe it ever had the makers markings on the barrel shank. The bent bolt is a cavalry adaptation to the normally straight bolted rifles. This one has been here for a while as it has no importers markings. The rifle is in good shape, and as I remember it shot fine as you would expect from a good quality Mauser.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: My almost K-98 ;)

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I am surprised the Soviets would send these to Spain when they had so many Mosins to send, and did send. That would mean supplying two different rounds for the rifles. I bet the Nationalist forces loved capturing these. Cool rifle.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

That is a cool rifle. Are there any markings on the sling?
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Looks like something was removed from the barrel. It would be normal for them to have been stamped and later scrubbed and refinished. Should be a fine shooter like most Mausers.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

That's an awesome find!
Threadkiller extraordinaire...