Chinese T53 Single Shot Initial Bullet Speed Testing Carbine in 7.62 x 39.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Tracer51

Chinese T53 Single Shot Initial Bullet Speed Testing Carbine in 7.62 x 39.

Post by Tracer51 »

Chinese T53 7.62.39.jpg
Chinese T53 b.jpg

This is a Chinese T53 Single Shot Initial Bullet Speed Testing Carbine chambered for the 7.62 x 39 cartridge.

As with all Chinese Military weapons, China does not release information concerning where their weapons are manufactured, the number manufactured or what they are used for.

Information for this carbine is almost nonexistent as few of them have ever found their way out of China.

As for this specific type of carbine, it has been rumored in various forum posts that one or two others of these type carbines may have also made it out of China. I could not locate any post or pictures identify them and to my knowledge these are the only known detailed pictures of this carbine.
( I have other detailed picture's but decided to post only the more interesting ones!)

As for its identification and purpose, that was obtained from another Mosin Nagant information web site located in the Ukraine.

The carbine has a blued finish, 20.5" barrel, hooded post front sight, fixed rear sight, straight bolt handle, smooth wood handguard, straight grip shoulder stock with finger grooved forend and a smooth non numbered metal buttplate. The upper receiver has no cuts to accept stripper clips and the trigger group is the same as that found in the Mosin Nagant rifle.
Chamber id.jpg

Barrel Shank marking is 1960.11 –indicating it was made in the November 1960 time frame
rear sight.jpg

Fixed rear sights
front sight.jpg

Standard front sights
bolt.jpg

The bolt is a standard Mosin Nagant bolt with a modified bolt head to center the 7,62 x 39 cartridge when chambered.
bolt head.jpg

Modified bolt head to center the 7,62 x 39 cartridge
20230503_222357.jpg
Closing the bolt will not automatically load the cartridge into the chamber.
The 7.62 x 39 cartridge must be hand loaded into the chamber in order to fire the cartridge.
Retracting the bolt will eject the cartridge.
firing pin.jpeg

The firing pin same length and dimensions as Mosin Nagant firing pin.
no cut out.jpg

No machine cut for stripper clip.
butt plate.jpg

Smooth metal butt plate – not numbered.

All in all a very interesting example of a unique variant in the Mosin Nagant family!

Thanks for reading my post and hope you enjoyed the pictures and information.
consideration for the "Showcase"

If anyone has any other information or pictures of Chinese T53 Single Shot Initial Bullet Speed Testing Carbine chambered in the 7.62 x 39 cartridge. please post them here or send me a message,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Chinese T53 Single Shot Initial Bullet Speed Testing Carbine in 7.62 x 39.

Post by millman »

This should be in the showcase.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Tracer51

Post by Tracer51 »

Thank you for your kind comment.. from what I understand, information like this needs to be 1st put in the general forum for comments before it can be moved to other parts.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Tracer51 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:10 pm Thank you for your kind comment.. from what I understand, information like this needs to be 1st put in the general forum for comments before it can be moved to other parts.
I could put it in there now, but Admin Rongo is in charge of the showcase.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Tracer51

Post by Tracer51 »

Thanks.. I will follow whatever the rules are. I will contact Admin Rongo later on this week and find out what else he needs. I have a few more pictures of the carbine stock that may be of further interest to others. i will try to post them in a day or two. thanks once again....
Tracer51

Post by Tracer51 »

Well due to unfortunate circumstances looks like the Single shot bullet testing carbine is going on an auction. If anyone is interested in it, checkout the Amoskeag auction, Auction #140 Its going on auction Nov 18 & 19.. Lot number 1236 Its the Very Rare Chinese Type 53/56 Mosin Nagant Cartridge Test Carbine ..the one seen above. Sorry to see it go but at least it may go to someone who will have a great rare carbine to add to their collection.