New Blade added to the hoard WWII

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
SA1911a1

New Blade added to the hoard WWII

Post by SA1911a1 »

This one came in the mail today. It is a nice looker. The loss of finish, resulting from ham-fisted sharpening, doesn't look as bad in person as it does in the pic. But since It came with the edge buggered up, so it gave me license to sharpen it. It should effortlessly cut a throat, or open a c rat now. This one was made before they started marking the guard instead of the blade, give or take 1942-3. Somebody "personalized" it with the two red bands, I will leave that alone. If I keep buying and sharpening knives, I am going to have to get some new legs to test the blades on. My legs are beginning to look like a Mexican Hairless.

The wife and I have been watching Line of Duty on Brit Box (a damn good series) and in the land of the Brits they do a lot of throat 'cuttin, so I will be prepared if I go across the pond.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Blade added to the hoard WWII

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Nice, straight razor is better for throat cutting, and raises few eyebrows if discovered in your shaving kit. Good New York made blade back when we made nice things in this state. The commie ratfuck bastards in charge have chased out most industry along with the good paying jobs. Camillus is one of the gone since 2007, the name is still around, but knives made in some foreign company.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:30 pm :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Nice, straight razor is better for throat cutting, and raises few eyebrows if discovered in your shaving kit. Good New York made blade back when we made nice things in this state. The commie ratfuck bastards in charge have chased out most industry along with the good paying jobs. Camillus is one of the gone since 2007, the name is still around, but knives made in some foreign company.
The same story with Imperial, Schrade, and other good American brands. The old American knife makers built a tool to last a lifetime. The Chinese copies are disposable junk comparatively.

It is not the overseas commie rat-fuck bastards that did our industry in. It is the American rat-fuck bastards that sold out to the commies.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SA1911a1 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:54 am
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:30 pm :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Nice, straight razor is better for throat cutting, and raises few eyebrows if discovered in your shaving kit. Good New York made blade back when we made nice things in this state. The commie ratfuck bastards in charge have chased out most industry along with the good paying jobs. Camillus is one of the gone since 2007, the name is still around, but knives made in some foreign company.
The same story with Imperial, Schrade, and other good American brands. The old American knife makers built a tool to last a lifetime. The Chinese copies are disposable junk comparatively.

It is not the overseas commie rat-fuck bastards that did our industry in. It is the American rat-fuck bastards that sold out to the commies.
That's what I said, the ones in charge, not the working stiff's, or the overseas commie ratfuck bastards. Owners who want more in their pockets for whom enough is never enough and state legislators that heap taxes and regulations on businesses until moving is the more lucrative option.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

The knives may be breeding; another couple of new ones here; the Plumb 1918 Bolo and right below it the BFK Western G-46-8.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt