WTB Finnish M91 Handguard

Buy and sell here. WTS, WTT, WTB
This is not a forum, please no chit chat
Read the rules first and remember, the forums are not a party to any transactions.
Pogmusic

WTB Finnish M91 Handguard

Post by Pogmusic »

I am looking for a replacement handguard for my 1944 Finnish M91. Original or reproduction is fine with me.

Thanks!
MongooseLaw

Re: WTB Finnish M91 Handguard

Post by MongooseLaw »

I have a Finnish M91 handguard for sale, although m91s weren't made in 1944. Are you sure you're not looking for a 91/30 style handguard?
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

MongooseLaw wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:32 am I have a Finnish M91 handguard for sale, although m91s weren't made in 1944. Are you sure you're not looking for a 91/30 style handguard?
The Finns made them that late.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Pogmusic

Post by Pogmusic »

I misquoted my eyes...... It is actually a 1943. See image below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

It is still an M91, and will need that style handguard. I have had 3 1943 Tikkas. They are good rifles.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
MongooseLaw

Post by MongooseLaw »

Please show me a picture of a 1944 dated M91 :)
Pogmusic

Post by Pogmusic »

I've had standard Russian M91, 91/30, and the pre war and wartime carbines. Of all of those, this is by far, the best shooter.
MongooseLaw

Post by MongooseLaw »

millman wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:13 am
MongooseLaw wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:32 am I have a Finnish M91 handguard for sale, although m91s weren't made in 1944. Are you sure you're not looking for a 91/30 style handguard?
Sources, pics, etc? Just wondering, main reason I have a '43 Tikka m91 is due to it being last year of m91 production *(yes I know B barrel m91s were probably assembled post war along with some others)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

MongooseLaw wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:32 pm
millman wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:13 am
Sources, pics, etc? Just wondering, main reason I have a '43 Tikka m91 is due to it being last year of m91 production *(yes I know B barrel m91s were probably assembled post war along with some others)
https://russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/app.php/page/89 I was going off of the forums info pages.

C. S. Lewis
MongooseLaw

Post by MongooseLaw »

Got ya, those are the pages from 762x54r.net website aren't they?

That page certainly is a great source although some information is out dated of course

I've researched this particular subject before and never found any pictures or even discussion on a 1944 dated M91 3-line rifle.

Anyway, nothing is absolute with those sneaky Finn armorers! Maybe one will turn up someday

Thanks
-John
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

It could be like the P series P-25s. They are said to be out there, but there is only one questionable pic that was on a Finnish gunsite that the Finnish guys were arguing about.

C. S. Lewis
Pogmusic

Post by Pogmusic »

Thanks John! It complets the rifle.
Pogmusic

Post by Pogmusic »

Pics of the handguard!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

MongooseLaw wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:12 pm Please show me a picture of a 1944 dated M91 :)
Tikka made M91's from 1940 to 1943.

Here is a shank from one. (not a B either)
0141.jpg
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Is there something wrong with that hand guard?
Why are you replacing it?

Darryl
MongooseLaw

Post by MongooseLaw »

Where did my post go? Weird....

"We live in a time where intelligent people are silenced so stupid people won't be offended."
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

MongooseLaw wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:39 pm Where did my post go? Weird....

"We live in a time where intelligent people are silenced so stupid people won't be offended."
We have lost a couple of post this last week. I have someone working on it for me now.

Darryl