"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
tomaustin

Ffuries--need a health update...

Post by tomaustin »

you hanging in there...?
ffuries

Re: Ffuries--need a health update...

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:00 pm you hanging in there...?
Health/Medical Update:

Had an abdominal CT Scan with contrast done yesterday for the Urologist. Have a Bladder Scoping at the Urologist on the 21st, where we'll go over the CT Scan results. All this for the sudden appearance of blood in the urine, and the feeling of being bruised in the lower abdominal region.

Had an abdominal Ultra Sound done today for the Gastroenterologist. Have an consult with the Gastroenterologist on the 20th, where we'll go over the Ultrasound results. All this for the sudden occurrence of Acid Relux, which I never had before.

Hopefully between the two we'll discover the reason for the blood, etc. As for the blood I had it on the 30th and 31st and the morning of the 1st then clear/clean until the 10th which continued through the 12th. Clear/clean so far today.

With everything going on I've lost weight. I was in the 210 lbs range for years until the Spring of 2019 when I started gaining 15 lbs a month for 3 months, docs said it was my fault, even though nothing had changed in my diet or physical activity. Yes I gained 45 lbs, I went from 210 lbs to 255 lbs in 90 days. Over the years I managed to get it down to about 235 to 240 lbs or so, well today I am currently at 219 lbs. So now I'm losing it and not ever trying, go figure.

So in a nutshell suddenly developed Acid Reflux with no answer as to why, changed my diet due to that, started suddenly passing blood, and have lost 15 lbs since the end of July beginning of August. Oh and we don't have an answer for the blood as of yet either, hopefully next week we'll know more......

So I spend my time relaxing, not pushing myself, and trying to stay positive and not to let my mind wander to the "What if it's...?. We'll cross that bridge IF and WHEN it comes!
Last edited by ffuries on Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

I am truly sorry for the load you have to carry.....With all the medical brains out there, it is a wonder that they cannot pinpoint the root of all of this.

You have had a miserable 6 months.....

Tom
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:48 pm I am truly sorry for the load you have to carry.....With all the medical brains out there, it is a wonder that they cannot pinpoint the root of all of this.

You have had a miserable 6 months.....

Tom
Oh and I forgot.....

After a bunch of tests, CT Scans, Dizzy Test, etc, we have ruled out Cardiological and Audiological as the cause of my Dizzy Spells. Just finished up the CT Scans for my Neurologist to determine if they are Neurological related.

Oh and the consult with the Gastroenterologist will determine if I need an Upper GI Scope or both an Upper and Lower GI Scoping.

I swear I'm falling apart at the seams. Like Jim aka JYD said "Fuck, who or what did you piss of in some previous life?"
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You don't have Ebola, at least there is that!
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:09 pm You don't have Ebola, at least there is that!
At least not yet, that and the plague. Which reminds me of a funny story.

A buddy and co-worker of mine came into the military the same year my dad did 1962. This friend retired in 2004 after 42 years of military service. His military shot records listed "Plague" as one of the immunizations he had received. So we changed his enlistment date for his retirement presentation to 1362 seing the "Black Death" peaked in Europe between 1347 - 1351. He was not amused with us......Hey what are friends for....!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Tomorrow I get a lower front door scoping aka violation. Then in a few weeks I get an Upper front door and back door scoping aka violation at the same time.

Thank you, Darryl, for jinxing me on that one....As you said I hope they wipe the cameras off between the scopings, or do the top before the back door. CINC Household asked me if they use two cameras will they take a picture when the two cameras meet...?

Blood in the urine is damn near a daily occurrence for me now. The Ultrasound results, which was ordered by my PCM, came back negative.....Negative for what I don't know. We'll go over the CT Scan, ordered by my Urologist, tomorrow with him after he scopes me. The CT Scan and Ultrasound were both done on the abdominal region.

So at this point we don't have any definitive answers as to what is going on.....Other than I'm getting cameras shoved in one hole after another.

The Acid Reflux is kicking my butt, if I have a bad night I'm up all night, like last night. So some days I end up napping throughout the day. My sleep schedule is completely screwed up right now. On days the Reflux is really bad I don't eat at all.....Which then CINC Household rides my ass telling me I need to sleep.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

acid reflux has to be body chemistry.....heartburn and TUMS have always had a close affinity....I cannot imagine having that condition and no solution....like you are burning up inside.....i do remember eating pretty much a whole box of baking soda during an episode in my Army days......that great Army cooking....

Tom
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:50 pm acid reflux has to be body chemistry.....heartburn and TUMS have always had a close affinity....I cannot imagine having that condition and no solution....like you are burning up inside.....i do remember eating pretty much a whole box of baking soda during an episode in my Army days......that great Army cooking....

Tom
Thing is, I ate so many damn Tums when this started I locked myself up. The increase in my Prilosec dosage in the morning and now with taking Pepcid at night, has helped decrease the number of episodes I have. I have more minor than major ones now, but man do the major ones kick my ass.

Seems like I'm drinking more fluid, then I've been passing for the last week or so. Just tired of falling apart and feeling like shit lately.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

without stirring you up, how much of these "side issues" also stem from the hell hole in the third world...?
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:37 pm without stirring you up, how much of these "side issues" also stem from the hell hole in the third world...?
Good question and that thought has come to my mind.....
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Rescheduled my Bladder Scoping that was scheduled for today. As I've only gotten 4 hours of sleep since I woke up Monday morning.

Monday morning I was awoken by a very sharp pain in my back. Thought my Sciatica was acting up, no issue the rest of the day. Then Monday night it kicked my ass all night with Acid Reflux, back pain and nausea. I got about 2 hours of sleep total.

Went and did my consult with the Gastroenterologist Tuesday afternoon. No issues all day Tuesday, then Tuesday night a repeat. Acid Relux all night, that damn back pain again and the nausea and another night of about 2 hours of sleep total.

Today, called the doctor and said I needed to reschedule, as I was still severely nauseated and in no condition to drive.

Then a few hours later, started passing blood again, followed by a new development, clotting in it. Then light bulb went on, the back pain wasn't Sciatica, it was a kidney stone moving. I tell you the pain caused by a stone migrating is nothing to joke about. Why movement was occurring only at night is beyond me, and why it was accompanied by severe Acid Reflux is a mystery to me also. But for 3 days it has kicked my ass, hoping for an uneventful night tonight.

CINC Household stated I just can't get sick like normal people. No, I have to pick a dozen ailments that have nothing to do with each other, just to be different.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

and here you thought it was fairy's stabbing you in the back with tiny swords as you slept. At least now you have a clue as to the cause of the problems.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

a kidney stone is like a rifle shot to the gut......
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Got about 4 hours of sleep last night, before the ritual started at 0340 or so, the pain hit me like a Mack truck. Weird that when it moves and the pain comes, you start feeling nauseated. Hugged the toilet for a while and apparently lay down in the bathroom and went back to sleep for about 2 hours. Woke up with the cat laying with me.

Got up, climbed back into bed for 2 hours or so. So far since I've been up, I haven't had any issues, no blood, no pain, no nausea, just the damn acid relux issue.

So the blood MAY be all related to a kidney stone. Which will be nice per se. Still need to figure out why a sudden occurrence of acid relux with no previous history, and no warning signs or anything. Just wham in your face full blown acid reflux.

I tell you our bodies hate us, that is for sure.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

surely on this crazy-ass board, you can get some of these folks to conger-up some spells that will relieve you of these aches and pains.....
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I developed that acid reflux like you. Nothing really seems to help except eating something small as soon as I get out of bed. Otherwise it’s a stomach acid heave to the toilet.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I have acid reflux and have had it since I was 18.
I would do everything the Dr asked me to and I ended up with ulcers.
They would come and go till I was about 29 or so. Then one day my Dr. said, hey, they found a virus called "H. pylori" that causes reoccurring ulcers. I took a test and bingo, I had it. It answered the reason I could never get rid of the ulcers. Took a ton of antibiotics and it was gone. The ulcers healed up but, left bad scaring at the exit of the stomach. That closes down to about the size of a pencil every 5 to 10 year and I can eat (I vomit because it can't pass). I go in and they take a camera down my throat and a balloon on the end and open it back up and I'm good for 5 to 10 more years.

But, it has left me with acid reflux .....but I take a pill every day and it takes care of it.

It all doesn't bother me much now I have the answers and know if I start vomiting, it's time to see the Dr.

Darryl
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

This time last year I weighed in at 255 lbs, back in July of this year I weighed in at 235 lbs when the Acid Relux started. Right now I just weighed in at 215 lbs. So in 90 days I've lost 20 lbs without trying, just laying off the cookies, bacon, etc, and eating better and less. Guess this Acid Relux while it sucks, is actually helping me in other ways.

Keep this up and I'll be able to fit into a bikini next summer........ :chuckles:
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Write it up as a weight loss program and make millions. Losing tonnage should help with some of the other issues. Excuse me while I go have a cookie and bacon sandwich, what I always eat when up at 3:45am .. Keep up the progress :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt