Sunday projects

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
SA1911a1

Sunday projects

Post by SA1911a1 »

The weather down here has been amazing. I am working in my drafty old barn with short sleeves. I decided this morning that I had some tools that deserved better homes than being thrown the back of a drawer. I pulled all of the wood out of my scrap pile and I remembered where most of it originated. Pine from a barn that I tore down, cedar from a hurricane fatality, some maple from my MIL's old quilting rack and baseboards that I took out of this house. The pain came out of rattle-cans that must have been at least ten years old. Fasteners from the stash because I never throw anything away until it is useless. (and somethings I keep longer after they have become useless.) I was looking for barn storage so I didn't spend a lot of time on pretty. These old squares, protractors and center heads are from before the war. One of the square heads was marked for the Army Air Corps and dated '34. I checked them all carefully and they are still damn accurate.

I made the red one like a pencil box with a sliding lid. The green one is a trapezoid that I wasn't sure how I was going to use so I made it where it could lay on it's back, stand vertically on a table, or hang from the wall and sill retain the tools.

My Nephew is a PHd engineer and mathematician, and has been working as a contractor for the Navy since before he got his degree, I am thinking about sending him the red set. I am curious about what he works on, but he says it is just routine stuff that he can't talk about. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
tomaustin

Re: Sunday projects

Post by tomaustin »

And I am sure his work doesn't have anything to do with high-pressure hull structures at 15,000 feet and below...!! :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

tomaustin wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:18 pm And I am sure his work doesn't have anything to do with high-pressure hull structures at 15,000 feet and below...!! :D
I think that they are working on a submarine aircraft carrier, or perhaps it is a flying submarine supersonic bomber. For all he has told me, it may be that he is working on a new flush toilet for the captain's head.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:33 am
tomaustin wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:18 pm And I am sure his work doesn't have anything to do with high-pressure hull structures at 15,000 feet and below...!! :D
I think that they are working on a submarine aircraft carrier, or perhaps it is a flying submarine supersonic bomber. For all he has told me, it may be that he is working on a new flush toilet for the captain's head.
I tried flushing a captains head one time, it stopped up the toilet. I think it was that hat they wear.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"