Global Warming

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
Rowdy1

Global Warming

Post by Rowdy1 »

EB840B50-565C-4340-81D0-FFEF05355A8B.jpeg
Today in Arizona Global Warming Cured
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Global Warming

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

26 and snowing here, a little warming would be nice. The only way I will be warm today is if I set myself on fire.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

67 and rainy here today.......Grass is turning green, new grass popping up, lilly pads in the pond never completely went dormant. The dandelion seed heads are starting to show up, along with the fire ant hills.

Guess winter is over in Florida, not that it really came. We had a few days in the high 20s and 30s, but it seem to stay around 40-60 this winter with a few days in 70s. This keeps up, and in a few more weeks the yard will need to be mowed.....Wouldn't be the first time the yard needed cut in February, hell our yard even got cut in November this past year. So two months off from yard duty and it starts again.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Try cutting the grass here in February and we will find you frozen on the riding mower, your own ice sculpture. I am sure that would be a tourist attraction for a short while, then you know, spring comes, and the smell... It's snowing now, probably do it all night, but it's that tiny snow, like snow dust so I don't expect accumulation past a few inches.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Ah, but the difference in weather and climate. It is not all that complicated.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Yosemite wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:50 pm High of 23 here today, but this is Wyoming :bwink:
Yukon Jack, just a little ever now and then.....bbrrrrr :vcool:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Cold and snowy here. I won't see the grass until May. I remember going to Florida in February in the past to fish for bass...
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

It was 0.7 degrees Fahrenheit on my front porch this morning with nearly two feet of snow that had fallen over the past three days. Another six inches is forecast for Friday.

I love every minute of it. I wish it would get colder and snow more. I miss the winter of 2009-2010 when it dropped like four feet of snow in one storm and the temperature dropped to something like -17. That was great. Winter is my favorite season for several reasons, most of all because it makes the people who irritate me go away.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Two nights ago we had a bit of freezing rain and then a bit of snow afterwards. Sure made the highways slick until the sand trucks got out.

Today it's sunny and crisp with a temp of -22C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That weather looks like a frozen hell to me. I whine when I have to put on a sweatshirt.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

We had a good winter storm here in southern Arizona at the start of the week. Got our once a decade snowfall here in Tucson. Of course it melts the instant it hits the ground since the ground is too warm. I didn’t see it as our office has no external windows and I was busy working.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

It snowed last night and it's currently 22 but feels like 18 so my iPhone says.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Yesterday morning it was pouring here, then the temperature hit the mid 70s, so I turned the AC on. Well the temperatures dropped last night to the low 40s, and with the HVAC set for cool, it was 54 degrees in the house when I was wandering around at 0700 heading out to the garage for a few puffs of the cigar. The damn garage was 46 degrees......

How the hell do you go from 75 and rainy down to 42 in 12 hours........Florida I tell you, nothing is normal here........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member