Vintage BMWs anyone? Pre 1994??

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
srtjeeplover95

Vintage BMWs anyone? Pre 1994??

Post by srtjeeplover95 »

Here are my babys

A mint 1990 BMW 325i convertible! Bought it from original owner. Likely the nicest one in Michigan.

A 1993 Bmw 740il limo with the big old V8!!

Both rust free and both didn't see a winter ever 😀
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Vintage BMWs anyone? Pre 1994??

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Not at the moment, but I have fed numerous pre 1994 BMW's into the crusher when they reached end of life. Right now I have a rolled over 325 sedan, 2000 I think, and another of similar vintage with some unknown engine issue.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
srtjeeplover95

Post by srtjeeplover95 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:41 pm Not at the moment, but I have fed numerous pre 1994 BMW's into the crusher when they reached end of life. Right now I have a rolled over 325 sedan, 2000 I think, and another of similar vintage with some unknown engine issue.

Oh lord :o send me one next time before you smash it ;mywink;
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Not here. We've been getting vintage Jaguars, though our last donation was a postal Jeep, two Chevy commercial vans and a Nissan truck. Local locksmith company was updating their fleet. The Jeep has some local history as it was assigned to the main post office here.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I'm looking for a Volvo station wagon (hunting car) , that's my dream. :music2.gif:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:48 pm I'm looking for a Volvo station wagon (hunting car) , that's my dream. :music2.gif:
I have a 240 wagon moldering out on the lot for the last 15-20 years.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Back when I was driving buses sixteen years ago, I got posted to northern New Mexico for three months driving buses over Cumbres Pass and La Manga Pass. That was some fun-extremely steep grades on both sides and using only low gear and transmission retarders to control speed. We were based in Chama, New Mexico but one bus was always kept at Antonito, Colorado. As we were assigned buses, whom ever ended up with their bus at Antonito would drive the company Volvo back to Chama. The next morning that driver would drive to Antonito to pick up their bus and passengers. Each one way trip was a minimum hour and fifteen minutes. In fact, we were instructed that the minimum time permitted in route was an hour and fifteen minutes. That was the minimum en route time for service driven at maximum safe speed in good conditions.

We drove over the pass two or three times every day. Cumbres Pass is 10,200 feet above sea level and is the current highest railroad line in North America. La Manga Pass is where the highway goes through and is 10,400 feet above sea level. On one trip, a Safeway tractor trailer went flying by me. When I got to the bottom of the hill, I saw the Colorado Highway Patrol had him stopped and the commercial vehicle inspector was going over every inch of that truck. Then one day, there was a fatal accident on the mountain, just over the Colorado state line. The way we found out about it was from our backup driver, who was the local assistant fire chief. I was working on the bus by the depot when two New Mexico State Police cars and the ambulance from La Jara came screaming through town. I asked him what was up and he said a motorcyclist had been killed in a single vehicle accident last night. Driver lost control and went off the road. EMTs said the kickstand of the bike cut an artery and the driver bled out. Due to the low traffic on the road at night, he wasn’t found until the next day. At the start of the season, our boss made it clear to us that that highway was extremely dangerous and we had no business driving it at night.