can'T find where this spring go

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Warpig

can'T find where this spring go

Post by Warpig »

hi .i just bought an sks with ati stock and after dissasembly and cleaning it a little spring fall on the floor and i dont know where it go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steelbuttplate

Re: can'T find where this spring go

Post by steelbuttplate »

I think magazine latch and sear spring. :bonk: Look on U tube to see how to put it back. Will it snap on an empty chamber ? I think it's on the front, behind the crossbar that locks in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Warpig

Post by Warpig »

hum this springs is already on place
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Warpig wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:39 pm hum this springs is already on place
Did you take the firing pin out of the bolt ? Hey I think it might bee the trigger bar spring. will it snap on an empty chamber. & return ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Warpig

Post by Warpig »

this one? its in place.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Look up a schematic and find the trigger spring or trigger bar spring. It's internal in the trigger group.
Warpig

Post by Warpig »

ive not dissasembly the trigger group
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

This could be the spring that fits into the stock that secures the trigger group... But, it seems a little long...
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

qz2026 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:10 am This could be the spring that fits into the stock that secures the trigger group... But, it seems a little long...
That is what I was thinking too.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

maybe you found the spring where the previous owner who did disassemble the trigger group and lost the spring put it in the weapon because he did not know where it came from either.....just a guess............
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

qz2026 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:10 am This could be the spring that fits into the stock that secures the trigger group... But, it seems a little long...
Warpig do you see a little hole in the bottom of the stock the spring will fit into ?