I succumbed to a Tokarev Light

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
SA1911a1

I succumbed to a Tokarev Light

Post by SA1911a1 »

Zastava M-70 in .32 ACP, police surplus. Supposed to be in G-VG condition. J&G has them and they are on Gunbroker as buy-it- nows at $199.00. Tax, tag and title, it ran a few pennies under $225.00, and I will have to pay another $20.00 at my FFL. Since I bought a .32 ACP pistol a couple of weeks ago, I figured what the hell. I suspect that this is another firearm, that, once the surplus is wiped out at the wholesaler level, the prices will rise quickly.

I should be able to post photos and details by the end of the week!

If you have one, tell me about it. If it is bad news clap your trap. ;)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: I succumbed to a Tokarev Light

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Bad news? Ok, nothing I know of concerning the pistol, ammo, .32 acp wasn't that cheap before the shortage. I hope you stocked up.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

From the man who said two years ago he was through buying guns. Admiting you have a problem is the first step Steve. And then, " I'm not buying a gun today even if my ass falls off". Repeat the vow daily and try to find a sponsor. If you load this gun when it comes, you won't be able to control yourself, then you will shoot, and be looking for another gun within days. :oops: At least that's the way I do it.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:27 pm Bad news? Ok, nothing I know of concerning the pistol, ammo, .32 acp wasn't that cheap before the shortage. I hope you stocked up.
It is still available on-line, under $20.00/box shipped
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:46 pm From the man who said two years ago he was through buying guns. Admiting you have a problem is the first step Steve. And then, " I'm not buying a gun today even if my ass falls off". Repeat the vow daily and try to find a sponsor. If you load this gun when it comes, you won't be able to control yourself, then you will shoot, and be looking for another gun within days. :oops: At least that's the way I do it.
I have been on a binge lately, I freely admit it, but I have also sold some guns so everything is in a copacetic balance.

It is just hard to turn down a $200.00 pistol.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
House Beagle

Post by House Beagle »

I had the same thought process on one of the RTI 7.35 carcanos. “Can’t get much for $200 nowadays.” Well it got to me un-firable and promptly was sent back for a full refund.

I see that Rguns has these with holster and all for $225. Probably will end up springing for one of those once my refund clears.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:11 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:27 pm Bad news? Ok, nothing I know of concerning the pistol, ammo, .32 acp wasn't that cheap before the shortage. I hope you stocked up.
.32 ACP/7.65 Browning is actually one of the most available and affordable pistol rounds out there online. You can hardly buy any 9x19, but several online sellers have the .32 Auto for relatively reasonable prices.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tjtM38 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:16 pm
SA1911a1 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:11 pm
.32 ACP/7.65 Browning is actually one of the most available and affordable pistol rounds out there online. You can hardly buy any 9x19, but several online sellers have the .32 Auto for relatively reasonable prices.
I rarely needed to buy it, I bought some for a cartridge converter used in various .30 rifles. Damn converter ruined the brass so no reloading, it was always on the expensive side when I bought any. To me $20 for fifty tiny rounds sounds like a lot, $12 would be more like it. I stopped playing with the converters years back. I also had a cylinder for the Nagant that used this round I think.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I just got one too. I like it. Has the wonky rear sight added by the importer, once I get that sorted out I'll like it a lot more.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

racerguy00 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:22 am I just got one too. I like it. Has the wonky rear sight added by the importer, once I get that sorted out I'll like it a lot more.
I have seen those on other seller's guns. Mine did not show that, and I hope it comes with the original sight, but, it was a stock photo. From the photos I have seen, which are only a side view, it makes the add-on sight appear way higher than the front sight. My piece shipped yesterday, I should have it by Friday or Saturday.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Exactly. The aftermarket sight puts the bullets 3 ft high at 7 yards.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

racerguy00 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:01 pm Exactly. The aftermarket sight puts the bullets 3 ft high at 7 yards.
Well, hell, that should be close enough....;)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I picked this up a few hours ago, and I couldn't be more pleased. It came clean and ready to fire. After field stripping and finding nothing glaringly wrong, I went out and fired a half a box of hollowpoints the thing and it functioned flawlessly. It does not look butt-ugly like some of the ones I have seen, and it has the original rear sight. The only issue I found is that it prefers to depress the mag release button to load a magazine, but you can slap it in. The CAI import marks are subtle and the incorporated the original serial in the new one so all of the numbers match, more or less..... CAI is doing better.

I fired the the piece at about 20 yards and it grouped nicely. With the weight of the piece and the mild .32 ACP cartridge, there is almost no recoil.

Field stripping is quick and easy, with the only thing a little different is that you need to depress the recoil spring before installing the bushing, but it was easy to get the hang of.

For your viewing pleasure:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I have three pistols in .32 ACP/7.65 Browning. I own a Interarms Walther PP, a CZ-70 and a Kel-Tec P32. All are easy to shoot and in great shape. I probably shoot the CZ-70 the most. The Walther PP is just an occasional shooter and the P32 is a carry and truck gun. I like your "Tokarev Light." :thumbsup:
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Great find. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

catcracker wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:40 am Great find. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks, I am trying to come up with a good reason to order a second one....

I can see me doing a Last Man Standing shootout with two of these. ;)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum