My new CZ 38

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

My new CZ 38

Post by Longcolt44 »

Another great deal from AXIS ARMS. Matt had this strange pistol listed and I couldn’t resist buying it. It is a CZ and a model I had never seen, two days later it was mine. This may be the only 380 caliber pistol built on a large frame, it is the size of a 1911. The magazine holds eight and one in the chamber for a total of nine shots. Field stripping this pistol will unfold some real differences for you

The CZ 38, also known as vz. 38 and P39(t), is a Semi-automatic pistol designed by František Myška and manufactured from 1939 until 1945. The barrel is attached to the frame by a hinge, allowing for very easy disassembly. CZ 38 is a very well built pistol with many great innovations. The frame slide and barrel have the Czechoslovak Military proof. Pushing the grooved latch below the factory marking forward allows the barrel and slide to pivot upward for disassembly. The pivot pin, unusually, is below the muzzle. This Czechoslovak Army contract CZ 38 pistol has the circled CZ, trademark of the Česká Zbrojovka factory, and Czechoslovak Military acceptance mark (E7 lion 39). E is the mark of the Ordnance Technical office, 7 is the location number of office (7 was at Česká Zbrojovka Factory in Strakonice), 39 was the year of acceptance. On June 14, 1938, the Ministry of Defense ordered from the Česká Zbrojovka 41,000 vz. 38 pistols with serial numbers ranging from 250,000 to 291,000 (our pistol’s serial number is 274991). In March, 1939 Germany occupied all of Czechoslovakia. Nazis allowed for the military contract to be completed, but the pistols would be issued to German units already armed with Czechoslovak weapons (most of the pistols saw service in Greater German police and security forces). The Czechoslovak Military never did receive any of their new vz. 38 pistols. Approximately 45,000 CZ 38 pistols were manufactured in total. The vz. 38 was designated by the Germans as P39(t), Pistole 39 Tschechoslowakei (the German spelling for Czechoslovakia).
CZ 38 2 001.JPG
CZ 38 2 002.JPG
CZ 38 2 003.JPG
CZ 38 2 004.JPG
CZ 38 2 005.JPG
CZ 38 2 006.JPG
CZ 38 2 007.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
SA1911a1

Re: My new CZ 38

Post by SA1911a1 »

I really like that one!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Move over 1911 and PPK, that is the most beautiful automatic pistol I have ever seen :Drool1:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Igrlik

Post by Igrlik »

"Louskacek" (nut-cracker) was nickname of this beauty :thumbsup:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Did this get nickle plated over here?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

What an odd pistol. In a good way.
Is it a fixed barrel or a floating barrel?
We have met the enemy and he is us.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

1) Matt seems to think it was nickel plated here.
2) Since the barrel is attached to the hinge I would say it is a fixed barrel.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I have seen quite a few bring backs with the nickel. 1911s as well
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Different tastes in a different time.

C. S. Lewis
Axis Arms
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by Axis Arms »

This is my other CZ-38 that was a German contract piece. I bought the nickel plated one to shoot instead of shooting this one, but didn't really shoot either one of them. Here are some photos to include the correct German manufactured holster made specifically for these Czech pistols. Just thought everyone would like to see this one too!
20200520_161433.jpg
20200520_161427.jpg
20200520_161417.jpg
20200520_161406.jpg
20200520_161400.jpg
20200520_161348.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Like us on Facebook at: facebook.com/axisarms
Visit our website at: http://www.axisarmsonline.com
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

C. S. Lewis