Tika M39's

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Tika M39's

Post by Darryl »

I had an idea that the Tika M39's were very rare to find.

"FINN Model 39 Mosin-Nagant bolt-action rifle # 5151 (7.62x54R) barrel mfg. by Tikka in 1926 on a hex receiver. Excellent-PLUS condition with 99% or better bluing on all metal parts. Bolt-knob stamped 5151 (matching), bore is strong and mirror-bright (has NOT been counterbored at muzzle). Right side of barrel-shank stamped SS78964, which indicates the Pohjois Savonlinna Civil Guard District (a very picturesque castle in Southern Finland). Postwar buttstock (squared finger-joints) has some minor compressions and a knock or two but otherwise looks as-new. Remnants of Finn arsenal tag still attached with wire. Extremely rare, obviously the barrel is from a Model 1891 that was re-configured to the M39 pattern in the mid-1970's. It is amazing to me that this was even attempted, but I have seen very few of these with older barrels. PHOTOS . . . $1750. C&R SOLD"

Darryl
qz2026

Re: Tika M39's

Post by qz2026 »

I noticed a lot of very expensive M-39's listed yesterday
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Too rich for my blood!

I have my pair of 41 Sakos' & a nice new-like B Barrel. Happy with those. All Antique too. :biggrin:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Always wanted a Tika M39 and probably always will :o
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I bought mine for $200 out the door. It was in a gun store and in a box in pieces. The own just bought it from a lady that lost her husband. He had it apart and was going to re-finish the stock on it. He died and I think the local gun store guy didn't give her much for it. She had a few rifles and this was only one she got rid of to him. I happened to walk in just at the right time. He sold it to me 'ASIS" because he didn't want the legal risk of putting it together and selling it. So, I grabbed it up. All the parts were there and I just cleaned it up and put it together. If he had re-finished the stock, he would have ruined it. I think the reason he wanted to re-finish it is because those stocks look like there is no "finish" on them. But, that is how they are supposed to be!

Darryl

Image Image
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

:thumbsup: ‘Glad you saved it!