1911 shoot today

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
SA1911a1

1911 shoot today

Post by SA1911a1 »

I stayed on my knees long enough today nailing baseboards. My son is off today and he brought over a few of his 1911s that he has been tinkering with to "test fire." I brought three to "test fire" and we test fired up a storm. Damn I love a 1911 and it must be genetic....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1911 shoot today

Post by Longcolt44 »

That's one mess o' .45's.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

:shock: :thumbsup:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

But which one is most finest shooter ? Looks like you need a few more mags :wink:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

[quote="steelbuttplate"]But which one is most finest shooter ? Looks like you need a few more mags :wink:[/quot

To be honest, the best guns in the bunch among the Colts, Springfield Armory, Military and are Rock Islands is the Rock Islands. I recently got a new Springfield and a new Rock. The Springfield was not near the quality of the Springfield I bought in '95. The Rock Island is the better gun, no question. If a man wants pretty, and bragging rights he can go for the Kimbers and Wilsons. If you want a well fit, good shooting gun and don't care what the snobs say, Rock Island is the way to go.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote:
steelbuttplate wrote:But which one is most finest shooter ? Looks like you need a few more mags :wink:[/quot

To be honest, the best guns in the bunch among the Colts, Springfield Armory, Military and are Rock Islands is the Rock Islands. I recently got a new Springfield and a new Rock. The Springfield was not near the quality of the Springfield I bought in '95. The Rock Island is the better gun, no question. If a man wants pretty, and bragging rights he can go for the Kimbers and Wilsons. If you want a well fit, good shooting gun and don't care what the snobs say, Rock Island is the way to go.
No Norinco ? I held one yesterday, didn't shoot. A LEO that had shot it said it was tighter than a Colt.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Nice group of 1911,s and it sounds like a good day with your son
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Ironnewt wrote:Nice group of 1911,s and it sounds like a good day with your son
We have a lot of fun shooting and prowling shops for gun bargains. We are about equally matched in shooting proficiency, so it makes for some fun competing. Daddy usually pulls it out, but sometimes the boy shows me up. (Truth be known, my boy is 37 years old, so even though he is a " grown assed man", he is still my boy and always will be. The thing is, I think he is fine with that too.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That is a nice bunch of pistols. I was just this afternoon watching a YouTube video where Hickok45 compares a $3000 Wilson Combat to a $400 Rock Island and of course the Wilson is very nice, but the Rock shot great every time and did it well. People say they are cheap? In my book spending 400+ for a firearm is not cheap, and I wish I could afford to do it more. My only 1911 is my older Series 80 Colt, and while I would never trade it, I couldn't justify buying another in today's market. It is my favorite firearm of all I own including milsurps. I was just shooting it a few days ago. Image
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

bunkysdad wrote:That is a nice bunch of pistols. I was just this afternoon watching a YouTube video where Hickok45 compares a $3000 Wilson Combat to a $400 Rock Island and of course the Wilson is very nice, but the Rock shot great every time and did it well. People say they are cheap? In my book spending 400+ for a firearm is not cheap, and I wish I could afford to do it more. My only 1911 is my older Series 80 Colt, and while I would never trade it, I couldn't justify buying another in today's market. It is my favorite firearm of all I own including milsurps. I was just shooting it a few days ago. Image
I understand. The last gun to leave my collection would be my 1990s Springfield Armory 1911. There is just something about a 1911.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

What a fine brace of shootin irons !!! :Drool1: JMB would be proud to see that pic. 8-)
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.