1952 Russian SKS Triangle One Marked

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
tailgunner67

1952 Russian SKS Triangle One Marked

Post by tailgunner67 »

I will be the first to admit that the more I learn about milsurp, the more I realize I know nothing about it. I found this Russian SKS Saturday morning at a local gun show. The seller was clearing out some of his collection and he let this one go at a nice price. $350.00. I did not even haggle further with him. I just paid, gave him my C&R and left with it. I noticed it was all matching to include the hand guard. After some research I discovered the Triangle one mark and its DDR connection. Then, I read that it is just another refurbishment mark and it doesn't mean much. Lol, story of my life. I am left with a very nice, all matching Russian SKS. All in all I am very happy with it. Apparently they made a lot of them in 1952 because my other Russian is the same year. Thanks for looking...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SA1911a1

Re: 1952 Russian SKS Triangle One Marked

Post by SA1911a1 »

Nice rifle, nice price!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote:Nice rifle, nice price!
Good deal as you'll find today. They were $300 5 yrs. ago. I'm curious about the ZM. There's no z in Russian .
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
tailgunner67

Post by tailgunner67 »

steelbuttplate wrote:
SA1911a1 wrote:Nice rifle, nice price!
Good deal as you'll find today. They were $300 5 yrs. ago. I'm curious about the ZM. There's no z in Russian .
That's interesting. Hopefully someone comes along that can shed some light on it.
JC 762

Post by JC 762 »

Hi,
The ZM was most likely added by the importer as part of the serial number .I have seen similar translations of Russian serial numbers. I am pretty sure there is what looks like a backwards 3 in the Russian alphabet , I am guessing translates to z in ours.
JC 762

Post by JC 762 »

I just wanted to add a nice rifle btw. Looks like a light refurb without the black barbecue paint on the bolt .
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

It looks like my 1954. You got a very good price. I paid $275 about 8 years ago.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
tailgunner67

Post by tailgunner67 »

JC 762 wrote:Hi,
The ZM was most likely added by the importer as part of the serial number .I have seen similar translations of Russian serial numbers. I am pretty sure there is what looks like a backwards 3 in the Russian alphabet , I am guessing translates to z in ours.

I agree with your opinion on the "Z". The rifle is import marked near the muzzle.
CavemanSteve

Post by CavemanSteve »

Triangle 1 is the refurb mark for the 1871st ABV (Artillery Base for Ordnance) in the Moscow Military District located in Liski. But no loss, you did great at that price. And yeah, the ATF doesn't accept Cyrillic letters as a part of the serial number so importers translate them instead of adding a whole new serial number.
Eubankfan

Post by Eubankfan »

That is a very nice find indeed. Here in AZ it is getting very difficult to find non butchered ( tapco stocked, receiver covers replaced with lights lasers ) rifles. We're lucky we have the Small Arms review on the fall where I'll be looking for stock military sks's. My new addication once again. The first time being the late 80's lol
tailgunner67

Post by tailgunner67 »

Eubankfan wrote:That is a very nice find indeed. Here in AZ it is getting very difficult to find non butchered ( tapco stocked, receiver covers replaced with lights lasers ) rifles. We're lucky we have the Small Arms review on the fall where I'll be looking for stock military sks's. My new addication once again. The first time being the late 80's lol

I have been collecting mainly Finnish Mosins for the last few years. I have paused that part of my collecting and went back to bargain hunting. I shop around constantly and I only buy when I find a bargain. I hit gun shows and local shops mostly, buying the best C&R deal I can find. I really enjoy it.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

tailgunner67 wrote:
Eubankfan wrote:That is a very nice find indeed. Here in AZ it is getting very difficult to find non butchered ( tapco stocked, receiver covers replaced with lights lasers ) rifles. We're lucky we have the Small Arms review on the fall where I'll be looking for stock military sks's. My new addication once again. The first time being the late 80's lol

I have been collecting mainly Finnish Mosins for the last few years. I have paused that part of my collecting and went back to bargain hunting. I shop around constantly and I only buy when I find a bargain. I hit gun shows and local shops mostly, buying the best C&R deal I can find. I really enjoy it.
I do the same thing. Always looking for a bargain.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

Hey thats a nice one . Almost any Russian is worth 350 these days. And the kicker is that yours is all matching. You did good : )
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

That's a nice looking Russian and a fair price. I scope out the pawn shops and local shops for milsurps every week too.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
24 ID

Post by 24 ID »

Nice!